Monday, May 13, 2019

Keeping up with...Family (Weekly Wrap 5/3 - 5/9)

Friday (5/3) We survived another week!  Adrian slept downstairs last night and I got a great night of sleep!  We all got up and moving pretty well this morning.  Adrian got AJ ready and dropped him off at school and then headed to work.  I got Daniel and Zak ready and dropped off at school before heading to the church to sub in the preschool again.  I had a fun morning with the students, but they are tiring.  After I finished there, I headed home and may have put my pajamas on before noon.  I spent the rest of the day working around the house and trying to get caught up.  I got a ton of stuff done before it was time to pick up the boys from school.

The rain held off and I was able to walk to pick up Daniel and Zak.  AJ was home when we got home, after a long ride because his bus had some mechanical problems.  When we all got home, we got thru our afternoon routine and then the boys played some video games while I got dinner ready.  After a family dinner, Adrian headed out to Top Golf with some of his friends while I hung out with the boys.  We were all tired so we had a very low key night of playing and I also got a little more cleaning done around the house.  I got the boys down for a sleepover in a room all together and then headed downstairs to get my snacks.  I watched some of my favorite reality TV shows before heading to bed well before Adrian got home.

Saturday (5/4) I got up and moving way earlier than I wanted to today, but I had such a fun day ahead that it didn't both me that much.  Because of the rain, Daniel and Zak's soccer games were cancelled this morning and they decided not to go to the Scout event either.  So the guys stayed home all day and played and worked around the house.  I got up and moving and headed to the church to teach my Zumba Toning class.  We had a great time and got an awesome workout to start our weekend!  After class, I came home and got a quick shower, did a few things and then got ready to head out for the rest of the day.
I spent my afternoon at a Zumba jam session learning 5 new amazing songs to teach to my classes.  They were all super fun and super high intensity.  It was fun to not only learn new songs but see so many ZIN friends!  I had to leave a little early, but I was able to learn all 5 songs, just missed the review and the cool down.  After exerting all of that energy dancing for almost 4 hours, I needed a little pick me up so I stopped at Starbucks for my first S'mores frappacino of the season before heading to the Y to take a quick shower.  I got cleaned up from a sweaty Zumba mess to dinner ready in under 15 minutes!
When I was ready, I headed to Cap City dinner to meet up with some girlfriends from church to celebrate the March and April birthdays in our group.  We had a great dinner together, including margaritas to celebrate Cinco de Mayo a little early and free desserts for the three birthday girls (I got peanut butter pie, it was delicious!)  After dinner, we headed back to one of the girl's houses to enjoy a little wine, snacks and girl time.  We enjoyed chatting, manicures & pedicures, and laughing a lot.  I'm thankful for these wonderful ladies in my life!  I got home around midnight and Adrian was already in bed.  I found out the next morning, they had a great day together and had a nice dinner with Adrian's parents while I was out.  It was a pretty amazing Saturday!!
Sunday (5/5) We all got up and moving pretty early for another full day.  I headed to first service of church since I was volunteering in childcare for second service.  I heard a great message and then enjoyed hanging with the kids during their service as well.  When we were finished there, we headed to the movie theater to finally see "Avengers: End Game."  We loved every minute of it!!  It was a great ending to the series and did not feel like 3 hours at all.  We ate a ton of popcorn while we laughed and cried our way thru the movie.  When it was over, we headed home to get ready for Martial Arts tonight.  Adrian took the boys so I could get a few things done around the house.  When they got home, we had a quick dinner and then finished up what we could to get ready for another busy week.  After we put the boys to bed, Adrian headed upstairs to watch "Game of Thrones" while I stayed downstairs and watched some reality TV.  When his show was over, we headed to bed hoping to get some good rest before a crazy week.
Monday (5/6) Back to our normal routine but only 15 more school ups for us!  We got up and moving pretty well considering we didn't have the most restful weekend.  Adrian got AJ ready and dropped him off at school before heading into work.  I got Daniel and Zak ready and then we all headed into school together.  I subbed in a 4th grade class for the day while they went to their classes for the day.  When school was over, we all headed home to meet up with AJ.  We got thru our afternoon routine, including finishing homework, pretty quickly because we had a busy night ahead.  After a quick dinner, I headed to the church for my Zumba class where we had a sweaty fun time!  I added one of the new songs from the jam this past weekend and everyone loved it.  Adrian took AJ to his Scouts meeting where they learned to cook pizza at a camp out.  When we all got home, we got the boys down to bed, watched the end of the Blue Jackets game (boo - so sad they lost) and a few comedies and then we headed to bed too.  Pretty normal Monday around here, one of our busiest days of the week!

Tuesday (5/7) Zak came into our room in the middle of the night crying that his head hurt.  So he slept in there with Adrian while I got a few more hours of sleep.  We decided early this morning that we were going to let him stay home and rest today, so I called out of work to do that.  Adrian got up and got AJ ready for school and dropped him off on his way to work.  I got Daniel up and ready for school and dropped him off for the day.  Zak slept in for a while and woke up still not feeling well and not looking great either.  He and I spent most of the day on the couch, him watching TV and me getting some stuff done.  We did make a quick trip out to vote and drop off a prescription.
The day passed quickly and I got a lot done.  Before I knew it, it was time to pick the other two boys up.  AJ got off the bus and I left to walk up to pick up Daniel.  We had a nice talk on our walk home, it's always nice to get one on one time.  When we got home, we got thru homework and dinner quickly since Daniel had soccer practice tonight.  I dropped him off and then ran to Zak's last Scout meeting quickly before heading home.  Adrian picked up Daniel from soccer on his way home from work and a good bye party for one of his co-workers.  When we all got home, we got the boys thru their night routine and then got them down to bed.  Zak spiked a fever late in the day so he will be home again tomorrow.  Adrian is going to stay home with him so I can go in and work for the day.  When we got them settled in bed, we came down and finished up a few things before watching a few comedies and heading to bed for the night.

Wednesday (5/8) Zak was staying home from school today and Adrian was working from home so our morning routine looked a little different today.  We all still got up the same and Adrian drove AJ to school and then came home to start working.  I got Daniel and I ready and we headed into school together since I was subbing all day.  Daniel was super excited to go to school because today his class was building their gaga pit to add to the play ground.  I had a few breaks during my day so I got to go out and see the progress thru the day.  The class did a great job and had a lot of fun getting the structure set up.  They need to finish sanding it and paint it and hopefully it will be done early next week.
My day passed quickly since I was the floating sub so I was 5 or 6 different teachers today.  When school was over, I met Daniel in the library and we bought our books from the book fair.  Then we came home to meet up with everyone else.  Zak was feeling much better after two days of rest and will be heading back to school tomorrow!  After a short break, I headed out to do a little shopping for our birthday celebrations this week and then came home to get dinner ready.  After dinner, Adrian took the boys out to get flowers for the teachers for tomorrow and my Mother's Day gifts.  When they got home, it was time for the boys' night routine and then bedtime for them.  After we got them down, Adrian and I finished a few things then sat down to watch "Survivor" together before heading to bed.  It was an exhausting day!!

Thursday (5/9) We all got up and moving pretty well today, probably because we're excited about today and the next few days.  Adrian got AJ up and ready and dropped him off at school.  Then he came back home and started working from home for the morning.  I got Daniel and Zak ready and dropped off at school before heading to Harcum to teach my 3 Silver Sneakers classes for the day.  While I was there, Adrian headed into school for K.I.S.S. (kids invite someone special) Day with Zak.  They ate snacks, made a craft and took fun pictures.  They had a fun morning together, both of them really enjoyed it!
After my classes, I ran some errands and then got home in time to get everyone after school.  When the four of us were home, we took advantage of the time Adrian was still at work to start prepping for his birthday party tomorrow.  We wrapped his gifts & blew up some of the balloons & hid everything in the laundry room with "Keep Out" signs.  The boys were a huge help getting it all done before Adrian got home!  We also managed to get thru homework and dinner quickly because we had a few things going on tonight.  Adrian got home from work and headed back out with Zak to his soccer practice.  Thankfully Daniel's practice cancelled due to weather so it was a short night for Adrian.  I got ready and headed to the church to teach an awesome Zumba class.  When we all got home, we did our normal night routine and got the boys down to bed.  Then we cleaned up a bit around the house, got our snacks & watched "The Big Bang Theory" - can't believe there is only one new episode left!!  It was a jam packed fun filled Thursday.

No comments:

Post a Comment