Sunday, October 7, 2018

Keeping Up With...Food (Meal Plan for Oct 7 - Oct 13)

We did really good again last week sticking to our meal plan until the end of the week again.  By Friday I am so tired after the long, busy weeks that it is hard to get motivated to cook dinner.  Last week on Friday I just made pasta for everyone so we could have a more relaxing night.  I'm hoping this week goes better.  If I can just get good sleep all week I think I would be OK but the boys haven't been sleeping well so neither have I.

This week starts with our favorite holiday - Columbus Day!  Adrian and I are both off and the boys all have school.  So we are going to drop them off and then spend the whole day together.  We're going to do some shopping, wine tasting and go out to lunch together.  Then we'll have a few hours at home with the boys before we all head out together for AJ's Scout Court of Honor.  Monday is going to be a great way to start off our week!  I'm also hoping to get a few things done tomorrow to make the rest of the week a little bit easier.  Our weekends are just as busy as our weeknights so I'm really having a hard time catching up and then I can't even think about trying to get ahead a little.  I'm sure I'll miss all of this craziness one day!!

Other than Monday, we have a fairly typical week ahead of us.  We will all be here all weekend so I'm hoping to get some cooking done.  I'm not teaching near as many classes as I have been the past two weeks.  We do have a super busy weekend ahead with meetings, another Zumba jam, a hike for Zak and our normal stuff of soccer, youth group and martial arts.  Wow, now that I'm typing it up, I probably won't be able to get any cooking done this weekend other than dinner.  I need a day off!!

Here's what we're eating this week:
Sunday - Marco's Pizza - we all wanted pizza and I got a great deal so we picked it up on our way home from Martial Arts.  The boys were SO excited!
Monday - Stuffed Acorn Squash (carryover from last week)
Tuesday - Taco Soup in my Instant Pot
Wednesday - Leftovers
Thursday - Pork Fajitas
Friday - Monterey Chicken with Roasted Brussels Sprouts & Squash
Saturday - Chili Mac in the Instant Pot - hoping Adrian will make this while I'm at the jam.  We also have our first Halloween party tonight - yay!!

Water Flavor - Orange.  I have a few oranges that the boys got from soccer for snacks so I'm using them this week.

Overnight Oats - We haven't been eating this as quickly as we were so we have about two days worth in the fridge.  We are having sausage and eggs tomorrow morning so we won't use up what we have until mid-week so I'm waiting to set them up then.  I will just be using the flavored yogurts that I have to make them quick and simple this week.

Use It Up - I didn't really think about this too much this week.  I'm using a few of the squashes I bought on sale in two dinners this week.  And I have just about everything we need for our meals this week, it's a super quick shopping week.  I'll get back to focusing on this next week for sure!

Lunches - We're going out tomorrow.  The rest of the week will either be salads or sandwiches using up the open turkey and ham we have in the fridge.  It is just about ready to turn so I need to use it up as quickly as I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment