Sunday, October 21, 2018

Keeping Up With...Food (Meal Plan for Oct 21 - Oct 27)

We had another week of being completely off our schedule.  Adrian hurt his back on Sunday and was out of work all week recovering.  We did have a little bit more time this week since he wasn't working but he also couldn't help much so I had more work to do most days.  He also didn't go camping with AJ on Saturday, but thankfully AJ went by himself.  So instead that night we decided to go to the YMCA Halloween Party and we all had pizza for dinner and a ton of fun!  We mostly followed our meal plan from last week until the weekend when we didn't make any of the planned meals on Friday or Saturday.  This is starting to become our pattern and I'm not sure how to fix it.

Things are crazy again this week with it being the last week of soccer and Daniel having at least one, probably two games in the tournament and Zak having his final two regular season games.  We also have a few Halloween events this week and our first play for the Broadway in Columbus season.  And our weekend is again jam packed with fun fall activities.  Thankfully we have a ton of leftovers from last week so we should be OK to eat at home and not out everyday.  I'm planning on cooking everyday except Wednesday but that may change as the week goes.

The other good news is that since I typically buy a few days ahead I actually have all of the groceries I need for this whole week.  There are a few staples we are out of or running low on so I'll need to make a small grocery trip, but if I don't get to it until later this week we will be fine.  And honestly if I can't get there at all, we will also be fine.  I do probably need some fruit since I am out of peaches and we didn't go apple picking this year but I'm not sure anything is in season so we'll see what's on sale.  I love a light shopping week!

Here's what we're eating this week:
Sunday - Leftovers and frozen apps while we watch football all day
Monday - Kielbasa Soup (carry over from last week)
Tuesday - Taco Tuesday!
Wednesday - Leftovers
Thursday - Chicken Enchilada Soup
Friday - Stuffed Peppers
Saturday - Chili Mac in the Instant Pot (carry over from last week)

Water Flavor - Orange

Overnight Oats - I set up two batches of regular oats and two batches with applesauce, the final cup of applesauce that has been in the garage.  I also have a few days of banana chocolate chip oats leftover from last week that I will eat first.  Adrian hasn't been eating them, although he says he will be starting again this week.  If he doesn't eat them, I'll be set for all of this week and the beginning of next week as well.

Use It Up - I finished up the applesauce in my oats & I'm still using up the chocolate syrup that we have in them.  I'm forcing the boys to eat all of the chips we have before I buy new ones, we had two full shelves of chips, it was too much!  I'm also using all of the groceries I've bought over the last two weeks to make sure nothing goes bad before I pick new recipes to make.

Lunches - I have avocados from last week that I need to use so most days will be salads.  I will also probably be eating a lot of them on the run because I have a ton of errands to run this week and I'm subbing a few yoga classes at the Harcum Center.  I am not currently subbing in the schools yet this week but I'm sure that will change as the week goes as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment