Saturday, October 27, 2018

Keeping up with...Family (Weekly Wrap 10/19 - 10/25)

Friday (10/19) We all had the day off and we enjoyed it!!  We started by sleeping in this morning and having a lazy morning.  We watched a little TV, played some games and got a few things done around the house.  After a quick lunch, we headed to Lynd's to do the corn maze that we do every year.  This year the theme is Star Wars and we had a great time finding our way thru the 8 acre maze and finding all 7 of the etchings and completing their challenge.  After we finished the maze, the boys enjoyed playing on the bouncy house and in the new fun zone. We stayed until we all got cold, tired and hungry and then headed home for the night.
 
 
Adrian and I had planned to go to our church's chili cook off tonight, but the boys really wanted us all to stay home and play board games so that's what we did.  We had a quick, easy dinner and then played "The Mind" and "Machi Koro" together.  The boys also filmed their first YouTube video for their new channel, Board Kids.  They worked on editing it a little bit and will finish it up tomorrow.  We ended the night with two new episodes of "Teen Titans Go" and then got the boys to bed.  Then Adrian and I enjoyed a little wine and a few comedies before heading to bed too.  It was a great day off!!

Saturday (10/20) Today started really early because we all had a lot to do and it started early this morning.  Adrian woke up early and headed to Starbucks to meet up with a new Bible study.  He enjoyed meeting with the other men and is looking forward to getting to know them better.  He came home with flowers for me since today is Sweetest Day.  When he got home we all got in gear to get ready.  I headed out to teach a Zumba class and then a Yoga class while he took Daniel and Zak to their soccer games.  Daniel's team won and they finished the season undefeated, although they do have 4 ties.  Zak's team played well but they did not pull out the win today.  I had a great time teaching both classes and felt great, although hungry after the combination.

We all met back at home and had a quick lunch before heading out again.  Adrian dropped the boys off at Math Plus for their Star Wars themed escape room adventure.  They had a fantastic time and beat the room with 6 minutes left.  The teacher said he thought that was the best anyone had done on their escape room.  They were super excited when I picked them up and can't wait to go back next month for the Fortnight themed one.  Adrian left from there to take AJ up to Falling Rock for his first overnight camping trip alone with his Scout troop.  And I brought the other two boys back home for some relaxing before our full night.
When we got home I played "Dr Eureka" with Daniel and the "Machi Koro" with Zak while also trying to get a few things done around the house.  After about an hour at home, we got our Halloween costumes on and headed to the YMCA for their Halloween Dance.  We had so much fun at the party, especially since there were only 5 or 6 other families there with us.  The boys enjoyed playing on the two bounce houses, playing a bunch of games, painting pumpkins, eating pizza and winning a lot of prizes and candy.  Adrian and I had a good time playing the games with them, painting our own pumpkins and I did some dancing as well.  It was a great family night!!
 
After that party, we headed home but not before stopping at the township party at a park on our way home.  We did a hay ride, played some games and played at the park a little even though it was very cold and windy.  We didn't stay too long since there wasn't a lot to do but the boys had a blast playing the games.  When we finally got home, we played a game of "The Mind" and lost horribly, probably because the boys were super tired.  They watched a new Beyblade episode and then we got them to bed - they had a sleepover in Zak's room since AJ is gone for the night.  Adrian and I did a few things around the house and then he watched the OSU game while I played around a little and then headed to bed.  It was a super fun but exhausting day!!
 

Sunday (10/21) We all slept in a little and had a lazy morning watching TV and drinking coffee.  Then Adrian left to pick up AJ from his camping trip.  He came home so excited to tell us all about it - he had a great time!!  He said he got there in time to do the scavenger hunt, then they had dinner, played some games and went to bed.  This morning they had breakfast and headed home.  He came home in his pajamas because he said he slept in and there wasn't time to change this morning.  He also told us all about the mice that they found in one of the beds in the cabin.  He thought it was awesome - I thought it sounded gross!
After we got him cleaned up, the boys settled in to play video games for a while and Adrian and I got some work done around the house.  We were able to finish cleaning out the garage so my van can now be parked in there.  I also watched the Jets game in between getting things done, they had a rough game and I was bummed to see them lose.  We took a break in the afternoon to go to a local church for their trunk or treat party.  The boys had fun collecting candy and playing games.  It was a fun break in an otherwise fairly boring day.  When we got home, we finished up the boys' homework and then went back to work on our stuff around the house.  Adrian watched the Cowboys game late and finished it up after the boys went to bed.  And they lost too - what a rough sports weekend for us!!  It wasn't a super exciting day but it was a necessary work day for us and we got a lot accomplished around the house.

Monday (10/22) We were back to the grind today and finally all of us were back to where we needed to be!  Adrian and I got AJ ready and he drove him to school and then headed into work for the first time in a week.  I got the other boys ready and dropped them off at school before heading to the Harcum Center to take two water aerobics classes and then teach a chair yoga class.  It was a really nice mix of workouts and I felt great when I left.  I ran a few errands and then headed home to get lunch and get a few things done.

Soon it was time to get everyone from school for the day.  I forgot to pack AJ's phone this morning so he was a little upset with me but he brought a book home to read on the bus.  I picked up the other two boys and when we got home I let everyone have an hour of video games before we did dinner and homework and got ready for our evening activities.  I took Daniel and Zak and headed to small group while Adrian too AJ to Scouts.  We all had great meetings and met back at home for the boys to have a snack, watch a show and head to bed.  When they were settled, Adrian and I enjoyed cupcakes that my small group sent home and watched a little TV and then headed to bed.  While it wasn't an exciting day, I am SO happy we are all healthy and back to our regular schedule!

Tuesday (10/23) Another day of everyone being healthy and going where they are supposed to!  I helped Adrian and AJ get out the door to school and work and then got myself and the other two boys ready.  After I dropped them off at school, I headed to the Harcum Center to teach my 3 Silver Sneakers classes.  When classes were over, I headed back to the school to volunteer in Zak's class to practice sight words with the students.  When the day was over, we all headed home and got ready for a busy night.

We took a little bit of a break when we all got home and then quickly got thru homework and taco Tuesday for dinner.  Then we got ready to head out for the night.  Adrian took Daniel to his soccer tournament game, which they won in a close one!!  Now his team plays for the championship on Thursday!  While they were there, I took the other two boys over to Wesley Ridge for their Halloween Hop.  We had fun seeing the residents, some of whom are also my students, and getting candy from all of them.  Zak especially liked the haunted hallway they set up in their basement.  It was a really fun night!!  When we got home, we played for a little bit and then got the boys ready for bed.  When they were asleep, Adrian and I finished cleaning up from dinner, watched two comedies and then headed to bed.
 
Wednesday (10/24) Everyone got up and out on time again today.  Adrian dropped AJ off at school and then headed to work.  I dropped the other boys off at school and then came home for a rare day off.  I was back and forth about what to do but decided to spend the whole day catching up on stuff around the house.  I got SO much done while everyone was gone and I was just focused on working.  I finished my whole to do list that has been dragging on for weeks and even got a jump start on stuff for this weekend.  I feel so much better!!  The day passed quickly and before long I was getting AJ off the bus and walking up to pick up the other boys from school.

As soon as we got home, Daniel and I headed out to Target because he had a growth spurt this summer and needed all new pants and long sleeve shirts.  We also found some fun tee shirts and pajamas on clearance for everyone.  And we bought birthday gifts for the two parties that Daniel has the next two weekends and Daniel spent some of his allowance money on a new Beyblade set.  I could not believe how much we spent, I did not think we would do that!  When we got in the car Daniel said "That was fun Mom!  We should go shopping together more often."

When we got home we quickly got through homework and dinner before heading out to a local church for a trunk or treat.  Unfortunately when we got there is was super packed and we couldn't even find parking.  So we decided to turn around and stop at a different church on our way home.  It was a smaller event but the boys had fun and came home with buckets full of candy!  When we got home, they played with their new Beyblades for a while and then we got ready for bed.  After we put the boys to bed, Adrian and I came down and watched "Survivor" before heading to bed too.
Thursday (10/25) We all got up on time and got ready to start another busy day.  Adrian took AJ to school and then headed into work.  I got the other boys ready and dropped them off at school before heading to the Harcum Center to teach my three Silver Sneakers classes.  I don't know what was going on with my students but they were all super silly and we laughed a lot in all three classes today!  As soon as I was done teaching, I headed back into the school to help Zak and his classmates celebrate their 50th day of school with a 50's themed party.  We had root beer floats and a sock hop and it was so much fun!!  Daniel's celebrated a great first quarter with a pajama day.  So fun!!
 
 
After school we came home and had a short break before getting ready for another super busy night.  We quickly got thru homework and dinner and then Adrian left with Daniel and Zak to head to the soccer fields for their games.  Zak's team struggled and did not win but Daniel's team won and won the tournament for the season!  They finished the season undefeated, although they did have 4 ties, and tournament champions.  Such a great season for Daniel!  While they were there, AJ and I headed to Eastpointe for my Zumba class and his basketball practice.  He had another great practice with Dad as his coach.  When we finally all got home, we had snacks and then got the boys to bed.  Adrian re-injured his back so he sat with the heating pad on while we watched a few comedies and then we headed to bed for the night.  Such a fun and busy day!!


No comments:

Post a Comment