Friday, October 19, 2018

Keeping up with...Family (Weekly Wrap 10/12 - 10/18)

Friday (10/12) Everyone was healthy for real today, except for me, but we all headed where we were supposed to be.  I helped get AJ and Adrian out to work and school and then hung out with Zak since he got up super early this morning.  Then I got ready and got Daniel and Zak ready and out to school.  We went in early since I was subbing for the day.  I had a split day and spent the morning with third graders and the afternoon with second graders.  It was a pretty good day but my throat hurt all day and I'm really worn out.  When school was over, I picked up Daniel and Zak and we headed home for the weekend.

The boys spent most of their afternoon playing and watching video games.  I was resting on the couch in an attempt to feel better.  When that didn't work, I decided to not attend the committee meeting for Zak's Cub Scout pack tonight in hopes of getting some rest and feeling better.  We had leftovers for dinner to make things a little easier and then had a relaxing evening of comedies on our DVR.  I'm hoping to rest as much as possible this weekend but if I don't feel better I will be heading to the doctor on Monday.

Saturday (10/13) After over 9 hours of sleep, I woke up feeling slightly better than I have felt for like a week.  I got up and got ready to head to the church to teach my Zumba class at a new, later time.  I had a lot more people so I'm hoping this time change will be helpful to boost my numbers and reach more people.  After class, I ran a few errands that I didn't have a chance to run during the week.  While I was out, Adrian hung out at home with the boys and had them get a few things done around the house then got Daniel ready for his soccer game.

When I got home, we had a quick lunch together and then Adrian and Daniel left for the game.  The team played well again and they played to another tie.  While they were there, I got ready and headed to the Y for another Zumba jam.  This is my 10th jam of the year and I'm well on my way to getting to 12 this year.  I wasn't feeling 100% so I took a lot of breaks during the jam but I still learned 3 of the 4 songs good enough to use in my classes soon.  I really enjoyed the jam and learning more about meringue, I just wish I was feeling better.  I didn't get any pictures since the jam ran late and I had to leave to get home for our evening plans.

I got home and we had a quick dinner together and then got the boys in their costumes for our first Halloween event of the season.  We headed to a local ice cream shop called Cones & Concoctions for their annual trunk or treat event.  We had a fun time collecting candy, eating ice cream and seeing friends.  It's a very low key event and was a nice way to kick off one of our favorite seasons.  The boys looked great in their costumes and got a lot of compliments.  When we got home, the boys watched two shows while enjoying some of their candy and then headed to bed.  Daniel had a "sleep over" in the other boys room tonight and thankfully everyone went to sleep quickly.  Adrian and I watched a comedy before he headed to bed since he was exhausted.  I read for a little while and then headed to bed too since it was a long day!
 
Sunday (10/14) We all slept in again today, and I am finally feeling like myself again.  I think I really did just need some rest to help my body fight off whatever I had.  We had a slow morning before heading to the second service for church and enjoying a great sermon with AJ in the service with us as well.  After church, we came home and had a quick lunch before getting to work on our to do list.  Adrian wasn't feeling well so he took it easy while the rest of us worked and got as much done as we could.  I was happy to take some time to watch the Jets win in between doing things around the house!  Adrian was also happy to watch the Cowboys win big today!!  It was a good football weekend in our house!

After we got a bunch of stuff done, AJ and I headed out to church for his One8ty youth group meeting.  We have missed the past few weeks so we were both excited to be back into it.  We all laughed too hard during the food Olympics even though AJ's team didn't win.  Then we heard a great sermon and split into our small groups.  Laura and I had an interesting discussion with the middle school girls, sometimes I wonder who is learning more - them or me.  Maybe that is the beauty of serving the older kids.  When small group was done, the kids all enjoyed brownie sundaes and then we headed home.  AJ watched a show with the other boys and then they all headed to bed, they are having another sleep over tonight.  Adrian and I watched two comedies and then he headed to bed for the night while I finished up a few things before heading up a little later.

Monday (10/15) I thought we would all be back to normal today but Adrian hurt his back over the weekend and is out of commission for the day.  He stayed home from work and will be spending the day in bed resting and hopefully recuperating.  I drove AJ to school for the first time this year and then came back and got the other boys ready and dropped off to school.  I was only subbing in the afternoon so I came home and helped Adrian get settled then got a few things done around the house before heading into school to sub in one of my favorite kindergarten classes.

After school was over, we came home and got thru our homework.  Then the boys hung out with Adrian upstairs while I cooked and cleaned and got ready to host my small group tonight.  I got AJ ready and out to Boy Scouts with a friend just as everyone from group was arriving.  We all enjoyed baked ziti that I made and lots of sides that they brought.  We had a good discussion and then everyone headed home for the night.  We got the boys ready for bed and then came down and watched two shows before heading to bed as well.  Adrian is still in a lot of pain so he has decided that he won't be going to work again tomorrow.  One of these days we'll all be healthy and back to our normal routine.

Tuesday (10/16) We all got up and thought we were heading out but Adrian's back is still really bothering him so he will be home again today.  He did drop AJ off at school this morning so I could get myself and the other boys ready on time.  I dropped them off and then headed to Harcum to teach my three classes.  I ran a few errands between classes and got most of the grocery shopping done for this week.  When I was done teaching, I headed into school to volunteer in Zak's class and practiced sight words with a few of the students.  Zak was able to finish his first sight word book of first grade, he is super proud that he finished it before the end of the first quarter!
After school we went home and had a random night with nothing going on.  We enjoyed our time by taking our time doing homework and having dinner together as a family.  We played a few board games, got a bunch of stuff done around the house and watched some TV.  It was very relaxing and while I love the boys being involved, I am looking forward to a little downtime when soccer is over.  We got the boys down at their normal bedtime and then we watched a few comedies and headed to bed too.  Adrian is feeling a little better after another day of rest and he's hoping to be back to work tomorrow.


Wednesday (10/17) Adrian woke up again thinking he would go to work and again he decided it was a better idea to stay home and rest his back.  He did drive AJ to school again since I had to sub all day in the school.  I got myself and the other boys ready and then headed into school where I finally got to sub as Daniel's teacher for the entire day!!  He has been asking me to be his teacher since I started subbing and the schedules never worked out.  But today I got to spend the whole day with him and his classmates.  We had a great day together and everyone was very well behaved!
After school, I ran home and dropped the boys off, got changed and then headed out to teach my last class at the Y for a while.  I have decided to take at least the next session off due to our crazy busy schedule but I hope to be back for the winter session.  It was a fun class but I did get a little teary at the end since I've been with some of those ladies for like 4 years!  When I got home the boys were done with homework and Adrian was cooking our dinner.  While I don't like him being injured, I could get used to the help at home.  Again we had no night time activities so we played a new game called "The Brain," watched some TV and got the boys to bed.  Then Adrian and I watched "Survivor" and also headed to bed.  He already took off tomorrow, but we still need to get up early to get everyone to school and me to work.

Thursday (10/18) It was an early morning because Zak came in to start the day at 4am.  Thankfully since Adrian is off today he took him downstairs and I fell back asleep for a little while.  But I still had trouble getting up and moving on time for the day.  I helped get AJ ready and then Adrian dropped him off while I got myself and the other boys ready for the day.  I dropped them off and headed to Harcum to teach my three Silver Sneakers classes.  We had a great time during class and I took a break between class 2 and 3 to meet Adrian for lunch at First Watch since it's right near Harcum.  We had a nice lunch together, enjoying good food and conversation.
After class, I ran a few errands and then got home just in time to pick up the boys from school.  We relaxed for about 30 minutes and then kicked it into high gear to get ready for our super busy night.  Adrian took Daniel to his soccer game, which they ended in another tie.  I dropped Zak off at soccer practice where he did great and Adrian picked him up at halftime of Daniel's game.  I took AJ to the church with me to teach my Zumba class and in the middle of class I sent him to the gym for his first basketball practice of the season.  Adrian met us there with the other boys and stayed to coach AJ's team while I took the other boys home.  Thankfully we are off from school tomorrow so we didn't have to worry about homework or early bedtimes!  We came home and played another game of "The Brain" and made it all the way to the last level before losing!  Then we watched "It's the Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown" together as a family before the boys went up to bed.  Adrian and I watched two comedies and then headed to bed too.  It was a long & fun day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment