Tuesday, October 9, 2018

Keeping up with...Family (Weekly Wrap 9/21 - 9/27)

Friday (9/21) We were tired but we got up and moving on time to get everyone out the door.  Adrian got AJ up and dropped him off at school before heading to work.  I got myself ready and then got Daniel and Zak ready and dropped them off at school.  Then I headed to the Y to sub two Zumba classes for a friend who is on vacation.  I had a fun time dancing with everyone, some old friends and some new!  Then I rushed back to the school to have Zak's initial IEP meeting.  We all laughed that his least favorite subject in school is "sitting and listening."  We got him all set up for speech therapy in school and I just love his speech therapist, she has worked with all of the boys now.

After the meeting, I had a short break for lunch in the staff room and then I headed down to sub a first grade class for a few hours at the end of the day.  The teacher has a student teacher so I pretty much just hung out in the room helping a little while she taught the class.  We had recess while I was there and I got to see both Daniel and Zak out on the play ground and they were both super excited!  It was a super easy and fun sub assignment.  When school was over, I came home with the boys and we all relaxed for a while because we were worn out from the week.
After a little relaxation, I got dinner for the boys and then dropped them off at a friends' house for a play date.  They were super excited to hang with their friends tonight.  Then I came home and got ready to head to church for a dinner with other church leaders to prepare for the women's conference.  We had a delicious dinner together and then heard an inspiring message from Wendy Fitzgerald, our speaker for the conference.  I left inspired and ready to lead tomorrow!  I came home just in time to say good night to the boys.  Adrian was exhausted so he headed to bed while I did a few things and then was ready to head to bed.  Unfortunately, Daniel and Zak were both having trouble sleeping so Daniel came downstairs with me and Zak got into bed with Adrian.  After about an hour, Daniel was finally ready for bed so he and I headed to his bed for the night.

Saturday (9/22) After a horrible night of sleep, my alarm going off felt super early!  But I got up and got ready to head to the church for the all day women's retreat.  I had an amazing day with over 100 women who were there to learn, worship and pray together.  I learned a lot and have a lot of things to think about and digest over the next few days.  I also lead a short exercise time to show a little of what a Zumba class is like for all of the women and gave away a free class to everyone who came.  We are hoping this helps keep the classes going.
That's me on the stage leading the women thru some exercises!!
 
While I was at the conference, Adrian held down the fort at home.  He took Zak and Daniel to their soccer games, which both teams won!  He helped all three boys get thru their homework for the weekend and got our lawn mowed so we don't have to worry about it this week.  He also set up a tray of baked ziti for our dinner before settling in to watch the Buckeyes game.  I got home during the 2nd quarter when the game was already pretty much decided in favor of the Buckeyes.  After dinner and the game, we were all really exhausted.  We got a few things done around the house and then I headed to bed shortly after we got the boys to bed.  Adrian watched a little more college football and then headed to bed too.  It's been a long weekend already!

Sunday (9/23) Thankfully we all got a good night of sleep and were able to sleep in a little this morning.  We had a slow start to our morning then hit the ground running to get our to do lists done, or at least get as much done as possible.  Zak begged to skip swimming so we decided to have an easy day and skip swim lessons this afternoon.  The boys played and got all of their stuff done during the day while Adrian and I worked around the house.  Then Adrian got Zak and Daniel ready and took them to Martial Arts.  They had a great class there and had a lot of fun!  While they were there, I took AJ to One8ty where he played with friends, I chatted with friends and helped serve dinner and then we both heard a great testimony from the speaker.  It lead to a great conversation on our car ride home!  When we got home it was close to bed time so the boys finished clean up, got ice cream for a snack and watched a Beyblade episode before heading up to bed.  When we got the boys to bed, Adrian and I watched the Cowboys game from this afternoon.  Unfortunately they weren't able to pull out a win.  If this continues, it's going to be a long football season for both of us!
Monday (9/24) After a great weekend, it was hard to get back to real life today.  But we got up and got moving early as always.  Adrian took AJ to school and then I got the other two boys ready for school before heading to Harcum to observe a few water aerobics classes.  I watched one and took notes then jumped in the pool for the second class so I could be a participant.  After the classes, I headed back home to get some stuff around the house done before everyone got home from school.  Since it rained all day I had to drive to pick up the boys at West.  I do not miss that express line at all!

After everyone got home from school, I gave them some free time and then we got thru homework before our night activities.  I headed out to Bible study with Daniel and Zak where we enjoyed meatball subs and great conversation.  Adrian took AJ to Boy Scouts where they prepped for their upcoming camping trip this weekend.  When we all got home, we got the boys down to bed and then Adrian headed to bed as well.  I finished up a few things around the house, watched a little TV and headed to bed too.

Tuesday (9/25) We got up and moving pretty well this morning to start a busy day.  Adrian and AJ headed out on time to school and work while I got the other boys ready.  I dropped them off at school and then headed to the Harcum Center to teach my 3 Silver Sneakers classes.  I had a fun time with my seniors as I always do.  When I was done teaching, I headed to school to volunteer in Zak's class and do sight words with some of his class.

We all got home from school and enjoyed a little downtime since Daniel's soccer practice cancelled for the night.  Then I cooked tacos for dinner - beef for the kids and shrimp for the adults before getting ready to head out to a pack meeting for Zak's Scout pack.  It was a quick and informative meeting and we are all excited about the upcoming Scout year!  When we got home, Adrian and I got the boys down to bed and then we watched a few comedies before heading to bed too.

Wednesday (9/26) We all got up and moving early again today.  Adrian took AJ to school and then headed to work.  I got the other boys ready and then headed in to sub for the day.  I was the floater sub so I subbed for 4 different teachers over the course of the day.  It was fun but exhausting!  Then I picked up the boys and headed home to drop them off and change and head out to the Y to teach my Zumba class.  We had a sweaty fun class and then I ran home to get the boys thru homework and dinner.  Adrian went to his board game group tonight so I was on my own with the boys.  They did a great job of listening and we got thru everything.  I did notice that when I work all day, the house is a mess!  But I managed to get it all cleaned up, put the boys to bed and was relaxing on the sofa when Adrian got home.  It was a super busy day that flew by for sure!!
Thursday (9/27) After the busy day yesterday, we all got a great night of sleep and were up and moving for the day on time.  Adrian took AJ to school and I got the other boys ready.  I dropped them off at school and headed to Harcum to teach my three classes.  I ran a few errands between classes and after the last one so I could get my grocery shopping done for the week.  Then I picked up all of the boys from school and headed home for the night.  Since the weather was bad, both boys soccer practices were cancelled for the night so our night became much easier.  Adrian stayed at work a little longer and I got the boys thru homework and dinner before heading to the church to teach my Zumba class.  When I got there, I saw the room wasn't set up so I moved us into the gym and taught from the stage.  Everyone loved having that much room, too bad we can't be there all of the time!!  After a fun and sweaty class, I headed home to help with bed time for the boys.  When they were down, we finished up a few things around the house and then watched "Survivor" from yesterday before heading to bed ourselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment