Friday, August 25, 2017

Keeping up with...Family (Weekly Wrap 8/18 - 8/24)

Friday (8/18) Felt like the first real day of school for me since all three were in school on a regular schedule.  I am thankful that Adrian is up with us in the morning to help get AJ up and on the bus, it's nice to have the extra pair of hands.  After AJ left for school & Adrian for work, I got the other two ready for school and went in with them to volunteer again.  I did much better today, no tears for me!  When all the students got safely to their classes, I headed out to run some errands - ALONE!  It was wonderful to just run in and out of stores and get everything done so quickly.  I got back home, had a nice hot lunch alone and got a bunch done before headed out to pick up AJ from school.  He will usually ride the bus, but I'll pick him up once in a while so he gets home earlier.

AJ and I got home and he wanted to show me how he learned to use Google Hangouts today at school.  He played around on that for a while and then I had to leave to go pick up Daniel and Zak.  We walked back home while they told me all about their days.  Everyone had a great first few days of school and I'm so thankful for that.  We didn't do a whole lot the rest of the night - watched TV, played video games, played Life, ate Jets pizza and relaxed.  We were going to do a family movie night but the boys were really tired and asked to wait until tomorrow.  Daniel actually fell asleep on the couch while they were watching TV.  Early bedtimes for all and lots of relaxing on the agenda this weekend for sure.

Saturday (8/19) We all got to sleep in a little before having to get up and get AJ ready for his first soccer practice.  Adrian took him there while I stayed home with Daniel and Zak to get started on our to do list for the weekend.  AJ did really well at practice and said he had a good time.  They came home, we all grabbed lunch and then I took Daniel to his first soccer practice.  He also did really well, if a little timid, and said he likes it.  It's a big change for all three boys this year going from Lil Kickers which was mostly drills to playing on an actual team, in actual games and having real practices as well.  I think it's going to be a great season for all three of them though!
The rest of the day we pretty much just worked around the house trying to catch up on stuff we've let slip the past few weeks.  We got a lot done and I think we'll be just about caught up after tomorrow.  I'm going to have a busy week though, lots of errands to run!  The boys each played a board game with Adrian, played some video games and watched TV.  I think we all needed a low key weekend, it's been a busy summer for us.  Adrian and I finished up the night watching the start of the Cowboys preseason game, but didn't make it very far because we were both exhausted.  Thankful for our DVR!

Sunday (8/20) Daniel had a bad dream last night so he slept with me and Adrian slept downstairs.  Thankfully I sleep pretty good with him, I was only up a few times over night.  I got up and moving pretty early and was able to make it to the first service at church, which I loved.  The message is about being busy and who doesn't need to hear about that and how to prevent it?  Then I volunteered in childcare for the second service where I had all three boys in my class while Adrian went to service.  After church we rushed home for a quick lunch and then Adrian took the boys to the Y for their new session of swim lessons.  All three boys did fantastic at swimming, especially AJ who dove in the deep end off the high board and swam the whole length of the pool!!
While they were at swim lessons, I stayed home and got some things done around here.  I had to run thru all of my Zumba songs since I haven't really taught in 3 weeks I needed a refresher.  I think I'm ready to go tomorrow.  When they got home, we finished up what we needed to do for the weekend, had family dinner and got to bed early so we're ready for the week.  We continued our normal Sunday night of Adrian watching Game of Thrones while I watch something else upstairs.  Tonight I finished Dallas Buyers Club, it was a really good movie!

Monday (8/21) Happy Eclipse Day!!  The boys were so excited to get to school and watch it this afternoon.  Adrian decided to work from home today so he helped get everyone out and then settled down to work while I went to a Barre class & grocery shopping.  Then he and I were totally unproductive and watched the whole eclipse on TV.  It was cloudy here and we couldn't really see it and were super upset for the boys, especially AJ who was SO excited about it.
My view was obscured by the clouds
AJ got home a few minutes early and we asked if he saw it and he excitedly told us "YES!"  What?  With the glasses, you could see it!  He let Adrian and I borrow them to look at it.  So cool!  I left to pick up Daniel and Zak and I took the glasses with me so I kept stopping and looking at it.  Daniel and Zak also got to see it and thought it was awesome.  I'm really glad our schools took care of glasses and let everyone go outside to see it today.
After everyone got home, we had a quick dinner before our busy night.  Daniel had soccer practice so Adrian took him there while I took Zak to his first Cub Scout meeting of the year.  He is so excited to be a Lion!  I'm bummed that our pack decided not to have the lions this year, but I'm glad that my friend and her son are doing one that is very close and we can join them!  We all got home and were exhausted so it was snack, show and bedtime!

Tuesday (8/22) Today was the first day of the school year that felt like a normal day for us.  Adrian got up with AJ and got him on the bus.  I got Daniel and Zak up and out to school then finished up my grocery shopping for the week.  I taught my Silver Sneakers class and then came home and got a few things done around the house.  I picked everyone up and they had a little downtime before a quick dinner and off to AJ's soccer practice.  Again when we got home everyone was exhausted so it was time for snack, show and bed. 

Wednesday (8/23) Today was another normal day for us, I think we are finally finding a routine.  Everyone got off to school on time and I went and ran a few errands before going to the Y for an Aqua Zumba class and then to observe a Silver Sneakers class.  I loved the Aqua Zumba class, it was so fun!  I'm glad I registered for this session, it will help keep me accountable to go to at least one class each week.  I came home, did a few things around the house, then picked everyone up from school.  Everyone was super excited about lunch today because in addition to Donato's pizza, they also got a cookie.  They all said it was the best lunch ever!

We had to hurry to get back to the Y for my Zumba class, which went awesome.  Then I dropped the boys off at home while I went to a meeting about AJ going to 5th grade camp.  I'm not sure if he will go or not, but I wanted to make sure I had all of the information.  It sounds like a lot of fun, but I'm not sure AJ is ready to be away from us for a few days.  We'll wait a few weeks and make our decision.  After I got home, we had dinner, hung out and then it was time for snack, show & bed.  Adrian and I are binge watching "Silicon Valley" since none of our prime-time shows are on right now.  It's a really funny show, we're enjoying it! 

Thursday (8/24) Today was a rough start for me because Zak came in and woke us up around 3:30am.  Thankfully we all went back to sleep for a while, but I slept horribly in the spare room.  I did manage to get everyone to school on time and get to my Silver Sneakers class.  After class I got the oil in my van changed finally and then came home and was very productive around the house.  Before I knew it, it was time for everyone to get home from school.  AJ wanted his buddy who rides the bus with him to come over but unfortunately we didn't make the plan in time so he couldn't get off at our stop today.  There was lots of bike riding this afternoon, all three boys are really enjoying it.  I think part of it is the cool weather.

After a delicious dinner, Adrian took Daniel to soccer practice.  He did great, his coach is really good with the kids and Daniel is doing a really good job.  I stayed home with Zak and AJ who played outside for a while and then played together in the play room.  It was weird to have almost the whole day to myself.  I got everything done for the day before 8pm and started to work on things for tomorrow.  When Adrian and Daniel got home, we got the boys to bed and then enjoyed more Silicon Valley. 

No comments:

Post a Comment