Saturday, August 19, 2017

Keeping Up With...Food (Meal Plan for Aug 21 - Aug 27)

I unintentionally took a three week break from menu planning.  The past three weeks have been crazy between our staycation, camping trip and getting ready to go back to school (and our busy fall schedule).  We have mostly been eating whatever we have around and my waist line is showing that.  I need to get back to eating well and that starts this week.  I have a few vegetables that I need to use up and they are the cornerstones of my meals this week.

I will be mostly trying to eat healthy for the next six weeks (minimum).  I will also be re-focusing on eating what we already have and also what's in season.  We are super busy right now with all three boys in school, soccer and swimming.  Plus two of them are doing Cub Scouts in two different packs.  Add in my classes bumping back up to my regular schedule and we have a jam packed calendar.  I will be using the crock pot weekly I'm sure.  Plus I plan to always have stuff on hand to make sandwiches, salads & omelettes so that if when thing go awry, I'm prepared.

Here's what we're eating this week:

Monday - Zucchini Soup and Green Bean Salad
Tuesday - Pork with Apples & Mushrooms
Wednesday - Shrimp Alfredo
Thursday - Honey-Garlic Chicken Thighs with Couscous & Corn
Friday - Ham and Cheese Quiche with Sausage & Fruit
Saturday - Steak and Corn on the Cob on the Grill
Sunday - Meatball Subs

Water Flavor - Apple/Grapefruit - I have a few grapefruits that are past their prime so they are going to be my water flavor for the next few weeks.

Overnight Oats - We've been hit or miss about eating these, Adrian more so than me.  I have mostly continued to eat them every morning, unless we have donuts.  I'm back to it for breakfast every morning.  I will also be having a glass of juice since we have tomato, orange & cranberry juice all opened.  I have three bananas to use up so I will be setting up Banana Chocolate Chip to start the week.  If I need more later in the week I will probably do Chocolate Peanut Butter or Peach Pie to use up some of the peaches we picked two weeks ago.

Use it Up Challenge - I am getting back to this challenge this week.  My main focus is to use up the vegetables I have which are zucchini, celery, mushrooms, green beans & corn on the cob.  I'm also planning on having one peach and one apple everyday because we picked a ton of them.  And I'm planning to drink one 8 ounce glass of juice to finish that up as well.  I also found egg beaters that are only good thru the end of this month so I'm using those in the quiche on Friday.  Hopefully this will help get a handle on the refrigerators, then I will move on to the freezers.

No comments:

Post a Comment