Wednesday, June 8, 2016
Keeping Up With...My Fab 40! - May review
Here's how I'm doing after 5 months. I have broken them down into three categories (on-going, one time and finished) so it's easier for me to update. The goals are in black and my current month comments are in red.
1. Lose 40 pounds - one for each year - Lost 11 of the 40 lbs. Yay!! I finally hit double digits lost! However, we now have another vacation in June so that usually means gaining 5 pounds. We'll see how this month plays out.
2. Read 12 books - I was so close last year! - Read 6 of the 12. I finished 1 book this month, "Disconnected" by Jennifer Weiner. It was actually a short story but I still really enjoyed it. I love anything by her though, she's an amazing author!
3. Go on 12 dates with Adrian - Went on 9 of the 12. We had two date nights in May. We went out to test drive new cars one night and then went out for dinner and some shopping for our anniversary.
4. Get rid of 12 bags of stuff - I didn't get rid of a bag this month, but I did donate my pack & play so I'm counting that. This goal is really about getting stuff out of my house and it's working!! 6 of the 12 are gone.
5. Take 1 picture every day for the year - Up to date on this 157 of 366
6. Go on 2 special dates with AJ - Went on 1 out of 2. I took AJ & Daniel to see Snoopy: The Musical at the local children's theater in April. We had so much fun! We stopped at Krispy Kreme for donuts on our way home too. I'm counting this for both boys & may aim for 3 dates each, another together & one alone.
7. Go on 2 special dates with Daniel - Went on 1 out of 2. See above
8. Go on 2 special dates with Zak - Went on 0 out of 2, I'll be saving these for the 2nd half of the year when he's in preschool everyday.
9. Do a 365 day exercise streak - 112 days of 365, every day from Jan 11-April 30!! I talked about ending this streak at 112 days in this blog post. Unfortunately I got so sick I wasn't able to exercise. I did jump back in on May 10th and have been going for 22 days so far. I plan to do as many days in a row as I can. My first goal is to beat 112 days. I started doing a recap each week so check in on Weds for more info on this.
10. Finish the 30 Day Shred - Did 0 days of 30 - I need to get started on this one!
11. Attend one class each week that isn't mine - Did this 12 weeks out of 52. I did this twice in May. I'm really hoping to pick this up the second half of the year. There are 3 different days that I can do this consistently over the summer without disturbing the boys' schedule so I'm hoping to take advantage of those.
12. Teach an average of 5 classes each week - Did this 17 weeks out of 52. I missed my first week for this goal (other than vacation) when I was sick the first week in May.
13. Menu plan and prep our dinners each week - Did this 17 weeks out of 52. Again, I missed a week when I was sick and we had some veggies go to waste since I wasn't cooking or eating them. But I jumped back in and we are in the process of finishing up our fruit and veggies before vacation.
14. Go to church every Sunday - Did this 15 weeks out of 52. I missed 2 weeks in May because I was sick and then another one because Zak was sick. I did start volunteering in childcare at the church this month and am excited about serving.
15. Do one blog post each week - I did 10 posts in May, easily one per week. I started a weekly recap of what we're doing as a family. I'll be publishing that every Friday (I hope!) 16. See 2 movies that aren't animated - Saw 1 out of 2 - Star Wars: The Force Awakens & it was awesome!
17. Pay off our Best Buy card and not incur any new debt - The Best Buy card is payed off!! We pulled the trigger and bought a new car, but we have a plan to make this payment and still continue paying off our credit card debt.
18. Have a family board game night once per month - Did this 5 out of 12 months
19. Have a family movie night once per month - Did this 5 out of 12 months (Inside Out, Charlie Brown Valentine's special, Justice League Frost Fight, Big Hero 6, Star Wars)
20. Have a family video game night once per month - Did this 5 out of 12 months
21. Go to 4 Zumba jams this year - Went to my 2 out of 4 and I loved every minute of it!
22. Make one homemade breakfast for us each month - I did not do this again in May. I'm slacking on this goal, probably because we're so rarely home for breakfast.
23. Go on a family trip to NJ - Booked for June!!
24. Go on a family trip to Tennessee - Planned for July
25. Go zip lining
26. Go on a family hike in Hocking Hills
27. Go on family camping trip
28. Host an alcohol exchange with my girl friends
29. Power wash and stain our play set
30. Renovate our downstairs bathroom
31. Conquer the Lynd's corn maze in the fall
32. Go to Dollywood - Planned for Aug
33. Go to Six Flags Great Adventure - Planned for June
34. Renew our Zoombeezi Bay passes and go at least once every other week over the summer - I renewed our passes this summer and we went one time so far this summer.
35. Do something special to celebrate mine & Adrian's 10 year wedding anniversary - We bought a new car. :) We also had a very nice date night where we bought new dishes and went back to Carrabba's, the restaurant we went to for our first date. We were hoping to do something a little bigger, but 3 vacations & a new car in the same year seems like enough.
36. Go on a family trip to Dallas - Done! You can read about it here, here, here and here.
37. Get 1 fitness certification - Done!! Got Silver Sneakers Classic & Silver Sneakers Circuit in March. Also got Zumba Gold in May. Going above & beyond on this goal.
38. Go to the doctor for routine check up and tests - Done! Did my physical, pap, blood work & mammogram in March. Everything looks great, I'm supposed to keep doing what I'm doing!
39. Tour Dallas Cowboys stadium - Done, sort of. It was actually closed for the guided tours while we were there. But we drove around it, took some pictures & went in the Pro Shop. I'm considering it done.
40. Go to Six Flags Over Texas - Done! Also hit Six Flags St Louis, loved that park
May was another good month. It flew by in a flash of fever and also fun. I'm looking forward to having no schedule for a bit this summer, although we have a lot planned so we will have some scheduled days. And I will continue to work on these goals!