Thursday, June 9, 2016

Keeping Up With...Workouts (Recap of 6/1 - 6/7)

Last week I talked about going to Zumba Gold training.  This week I had the opportunity to sub a Zumba Gold class and it was fantastic!!  I wasn't ready to do a "real" Gold class, but I took my normal Zumba songs and modified them to fit into the Gold framework.  I was surprised how much of the training stuck in my head and was modifying things on the spot during class.  I had a blast teaching and it seemed like the students had a blast too.  I got a ton of great feedback from a lot of students after class which is always nice to hear.  My goal is to get an actual playlist together after vacation and hopefully add a Gold class to my schedule this fall.

Other than subbing the Gold class, this week has been pretty routine.  We are adjusting to our summer schedule and everything taking a little longer with three people getting ready all at the same time.  I didn't get to any other classes, other than my own because we just had too much going on.  Again, right after vacation I'm going to get back to doing at least one each week.

One other big thing for me this week was finally getting 20,000 steps in a day according to my FitBit.  I feel like I have done this other days but I don't think mine always tracks accurately.  I also have had the thing die on my busiest days, which is so annoying!  I am about 50/50 with the FitBit.  I do enjoy seeing the number of steps I take each day and week and I love the challenges with friends.  But it's not really telling me anything I don't know, I'm active and don't sleep enough.  :)
Here's what last week looked like:
Wednesday - Taught a one hour Zumba class
Thursday - Taught 3 one hour Zumba classes (that's why I hit the 20,000 steps)
Friday - Taught a one hour Zumba class
Saturday - Taught a one hour Zumba Toning class
Sunday - Practiced Zumba for about 30 minutes
Monday - Taught a one hour Zumba Toning class and a one hour Zumba class

Tuesday - Taught a one hour Zumba Gold class and a one hour Silver Sneakers class

Again, not an excited week, but an effective one.  I managed to maintain again so I think I am finally out-exercising my fork.  Well I'm also being helped by the fact that I have a ton of fruits and veggies to eat before we leave so I'm eating those for snacks and meals a lot this week.  I won't be weighing in next week since we'll be away and may not be able to update the blog since I'm not sure about internet access.  But I will be keeping my exercise streak going and will update you when I'm back!!

No comments:

Post a Comment