Sunday, April 24, 2016

Keeping Up With...Food (Menu Plan 4/25 - 5/1)

Life has been happening over here!  Everyday I want to do more than I have time for.  I really want to blog about our trip to Dallas but I truly haven't had a single spare minute since we've been home.  And our schedule is crazy right now with lots of extra (but fun) stuff going on.  I'm going to make it a priority to blog about at least one family related thing every week instead of only the menu plan & the workout summary (which I didn't even get to last week, oops!)

OK, on to my food plan for the week.  We got our first CSA veggie bag this past week and I'm so excited to use the veggies.  We got cilantro, red Russian kale, spinach, fennel leaves, swiss chard & green onions.  We currently have a ton of spinach so there will be a lot of that on the menu the next 2 weeks.  First I do have some older produce to use, so you'll see that on the menu as well.  We will get a bag every other week so I'm hoping to use most of this before our next bag.
I also didn't get to make everything I planned last week.  We had a fridge full of leftovers so on Weds I opted not to cook.  Then yesterday Daniel & I had to run to Aldi for garbage bags & he saw that they had pizza & Oreo ice cream cake on sale so he wanted to buy that and "Have a party!"  How could I say no?  Today we are overwhelmed trying to get stuff done so we'll either have leftovers or go out to grab something.  So the first three meals this week are carry overs from last week. 

On the plus side, everyone was healthy ALL week for the first time in probably a month, yay!!  We didn't miss anything during the week or this weekend.  And Adrian is finally hydrated and has his appetite back after almost 10 days of struggling with the stomach bug.  I've had the windows open everyday and hopefully we've killed all the germs and will have a nice long healthy stretch!

Here's what we're eating this week:
Monday - Roasted Chicken with Asian Coleslaw & Corn on the Cob (using the fennel leaves to put inside the chicken & make stock the next day)
Tuesday - Santa Fe Chicken Pasta with Spinach Salad

Wednesday - Slow Cooker Chicken Burritos in tortillas with corn on the cob
Thursday - Tuna Pesto Salad (using our kale for pesto sauce) on Italian bread with corn on the cob
Friday - Kale Soup with a Caesar Salad
Saturday - BBQ with my brother & his family.  I'm making broccoli salad and potato salad to go with hamburgers, hot dogs & brats.  Plus ice cream cake for dessert.
Sunday - Thai Chicken Zoodles

Water Flavor - Strawberry and lemon - One of my favorite combinations.

Food Prep - I am hoping to make the coleslaw for tomorrow night.  And I have my water set up and some fruit cut up for snacks.  Other than that I probably won't do much.  I have the shopping done for Monday - Wednesday and a plan to get to the store for the rest so I'm feeling pretty good.

As always, I'm linking up with Laura at Mommy, Run Fast.  Go check out the other blogs on the link up for some more yummy recipes!  Have a great week!!

No comments:

Post a Comment