Thursday, April 7, 2016
Keeping Up With...My Fab 40! - March review
Here's how I'm doing after 3 months. I have broken them down into three categories (on-going, one time and finished) so it's easier for me to update. The goals are in black and my current month comments are in red.
1. Lose 40 pounds - one for each year - Lost 6 of the 40 lbs. I stayed stalled this month. I had a really hard time getting back on the healthy eating bandwagon. I'm behind where I should be since the year is 1/4 over. I'm hoping for a big loss in April to make up for it!
2. Read 12 books - I was so close last year! - Read 4 of the 12. I finished 2 books this month, Shopaholic to the Stars & The Tale of Despereaux. I put Little Women on hold, it was just not capturing my attention. I'm also about 1/4 of the way through a new book.
3. Go on 12 dates with Adrian - Went on 6 of the 12 - We got 3 dates in March! We went to see Beauty & the Beast here in Columbus, then went out to lunch and dinner in Texas. Fun month!
4. Get rid of 12 bags of stuff - Donated 1 bag this month from our closets. 4 of the 12 are gone.
5. Take 1 picture every day for the year - Up to date on this 97 of 366
6. Go on 2 special dates with AJ - Went on 0 out of 2. I'm taking him and Daniel to Snoopy this weekend. Not sure whose date that will count for, maybe both. Still thinking about Kung Fu Panda 3.
7. Go on 2 special dates with Daniel - Went on 0 out of 2. See above
8. Go on 2 special dates with Zak - Went on 0 out of 2, I'll be saving these for the 2nd half of the year when he's in preschool everyday.
9. Do a 365 day exercise streak - 88 days of 365, every day from Jan 11-April 6!! This was really tough a few days over vacation. I started doing a recap each week so check in on Weds for more info on this.
10. Finish the 30 Day Shred - Did 0 days of 30 - I need to get started on this one!
11. Attend one class each week that isn't mine - Did this 9 weeks out of 52. I missed the last two weeks of March because of a sick Zak and vacation. I'm back to this in April, hoping to do more than one class each week.
12. Teach an average of 5 classes each week - Did this 10 weeks out of 52. I only taught 1 class in the last 2 weeks of March between Zak being sick for 3 days and us being on vacation. I'm OK with this, I knew it would be impossible to teach the weeks we are out of town.
13. Menu plan and prep our dinners each week - Did this 10 weeks out of 52. I took off the past 3 weeks since we were eating leftovers, on vacation and recovering from vacation. I will be back to it this weekend.
14. Go to church every Sunday - Did this 11 weeks out of 52. I missed 2 weeks in March, one because of sick kids and one because of vacation. Getting back into this habit this week.
15. Do one blog post each week - I did 8 posts in March, easily one per week.
16. See 2 movies that aren't animated - Saw 0 out of 2
17. Pay off our Best Buy card and not incur any new debt - I just set up for the final payment on our Best Buy card to be sent in April!! Still on the path of not incurring any new debt.
18. Have a family board game night once per month - Did this 3 out of 12 months, although March was a little different. We didn't play together, but I played multiple board games with each kid.
19. Have a family movie night once per month - Did this 3 out of 12 months (Inside Out, Charlie Brown Valentine's special, Justice League Frost Fight)
20. Have a family video game night once per month - Did this 3 out of 12 months and technically already did April's because we played my new WiiU Mario game this past weekend
21. Go to 4 Zumba jams this year - Went to my 1 out of 4 and I loved every minute of it! I'm signed up for jam #2 next weekend - can't wait!
22. Make one homemade breakfast for us each month - I made 1 (breakfast casserole pie) in March which we ate for both breakfast & leftovers for lunch
23. Go on a family trip to NJ - Booked for June!!
24. Go on a family trip to Tennessee - Planned for July
25. Go zip lining
26. Go on a family hike in Hocking Hills
27. Go on family camping trip
28. Host an alcohol exchange with my girl friends
29. Power wash and stain our play set
30. Renovate our downstairs bathroom
31. Conquer the Lynd's corn maze in the fall
32. Go to Dollywood - Planned for Aug
33. Go to Six Flags Great Adventure - Planned for June
34. Renew our Zoombeezi Bay passes and go at least once every other week over the summer
35. Do something special to celebrate mine & Adrian's 10 year wedding anniversary
36. Go on a family trip to Dallas - Done! Will start recapping this weekend
37. Get 1 fitness certification - Done!! Got Silver Sneakers Classic & Silver Sneakers Circuit in March. Also signed up for Zumba Gold in May. Going above & beyond on this goal.
38. Go to the doctor for routine check up and tests - Done! Did my physical, pap, blood work & mammogram in March. Everything looks great, I'm supposed to keep doing what I'm doing! 39. Tour Dallas Cowboys stadium - Done, sort of. It was actually closed for the guided tours while we were there. But we drove around it, took some pictures & went in the Pro Shop. I'm considering it done.
40. Go to Six Flags Over Texas - Done! Also hit Six Flags St Louis, loved that park
What a great month March was!! I moved 5 things to the done list, kept up with all of the ongoing goals and had a great time on vacation number one with my family. I also could have checked off things like: tour the Ross Perot Science & Nature Museum, ride a mechanical bull and see a cow parade. I also officially turned 40 and it feels great!! I don't feel old or over the hill, I feel ready to face this new decade!