Sunday, April 10, 2016

Keeping Up With...Food (Menu Plan 4/11 - 4/17)

After a three week break I'm back to meal planning.  I actually did plan our meals for last week but I didn't get a chance to do a blog post about them.  We got back very late last Saturday night and have spent the past week in a vacation hangover/head cold fog.  Since it's freezing here (literally!) all practices have been cancelled so we're spending the day catching up, relaxing and prepping for the week ahead.  I'm really hoping to be back to our regular schedule this week!

Even though I didn't share our menu last week, I have to share a few of our meals because we had a pretty great week of eats.  I'm trying to focus on variety and healthy eating right now, as well as simple meals since we are very busy.  I made these awesome pork chops and we had them over couscous one night (and a few lunches).  We also really enjoyed these buffalo chicken & broccoli bowls, although I think next time I wouldn't use a whole head of cauliflower.  It kind of overwhelmed the buffalo flavor.s
This week we have something every night and a busy weekend.  I'll be buying stuff to make pasta and/or Reubens as a stand by if (read: when) things don't go according to plan.  Here's what we're planning on eating:
Monday - Slow Cooker Fish Chowder
Tuesday - Santa Fe Chicken Pasta
Wednesday - Pulled Pork Tostadas with Lime Cumin Slaw
Thursday - Farfalle with Zucchini
Friday - Skillet Spaghetti & Meatballs - I'll cheat on this & use frozen meatballs
Saturday - Slow Cooker Chicken Burritos - we'll serve these either in tortillas or over lettuce
Sunday - BBQ with my brother, sister in law & niece.  We're going to attempt to BBQ since it's supposed to be nice.  We'll do hamburgers, hot dogs, brats & some sides.

Water flavor - Apple/Orange.  I went to an event at the Y on Friday & they had these in 2 separate infusers.  I tried them both & loved them, then mixed them together - yum!

Food prep - I set up my water already & am thawing everything for tomorrow's dinner.  I'm hoping to prep some of the stuff for tomorrow's dinner later tonight.

As always, I'm linking up with Laura at Mommy, Run Fast.  Go check out the other blogs on the link up for some more yummy recipes!  Have a great week!!

No comments:

Post a Comment