Wednesday, April 6, 2016

Keeping Up With...Workouts (Recap of 3/30 - 4/5)

We are back from our vacation in Texas and struggling to find our groove to get back to normal life.  I'm hoping today is a little better than the past two days have been.  I have multiple blog posts to get up including an update on my 40 goals for the year & a full recap of our trip to Texas.  And I'll get back to menu planning this weekend as well.  But the rest of this week is pretty much survival mode, then I'll catch up and get to some of that fun stuff this weekend.

Last week I shared how I was fairing with keeping up my exercise streak while on vacation.  This week was more of the same.  I again struggled with getting exercise in on the day we drove all day (Friday) and then again on Sunday when we got home because I was exhausted.  I'm still exhausted but now I've got classes to teach so I don't have a choice.

Now that I'm back from vacation I have a 2 month stretch before we go away again so hopefully I'll have an easy time keeping up this streak.  I teach Mon-Sat so those days aren't a problem, I'll just have to figure out something for Sunday.  I also need to step up my game about going to other people's classes.  I have 2-4 really good opportunities each week so I need to do a better job of taking advantage of those.

Here's what I did last week:
Wednesday - Walked around the neighborhood with my Mom & niece for about 20 minutes
Thursday - Walked around Legoland Discovery Center & Grapevine Mall for about 2 hours & walked around the neighborhood with Adrian, my brother & sister in law for about 15 minutes
Friday - Did 10 minutes on the elliptical at our hotel after driving all day
Saturday - Walked around Six Flags for about 5 hours
Sunday - Practiced Zumba for about 15 minutes
Monday - Taught 2 classes - Zumba Toning & Cardio Dance
Tuesday - Taught my first Silver Sneakers class (more on that next week) & walked back and forth from school to pick up Daniel

I'm very proud of myself for sticking with this exercise challenge over vacation.  It was hard at some points to get motivated to do something but I know it was worth it.  I didn't weigh in this morning, I'm sure I'm up a few pounds with all of the delicious food I ate.  I got back on track with my eating on Monday even though it was hard because I had very little in the house.  I'm already feeling less blotted and like I have more energy after only 48 hours.  I'll wait until next week to check the scale.
My thrown together in the car, on the go salad for lunch on Monday

No comments:

Post a Comment