Sunday, February 28, 2016

Keeping Up With...Food (Menu Plan 2/29 - 3/6)

So as I suspected last week, I didn't totally stick to my menu plan.  Actually Monday I went to cook our dinner and realized there was no way I could get it done in time for our evening activities (this is why prep is so important for me!)  Thankfully I had tortellini and everyone loved having that for dinner.

This week the focus is on catching up for me.  I have been behind pretty much all of February and have been running and super busy.  Our schedule is a little lighter this week (no more hockey!) and we have nothing on the schedule next weekend.  My goal is to be caught up by next Sunday, which includes filing our taxes and prepping for our spring break trip to Texas.

I'm also hoping to make some freezer meals this weekend, although I haven't figured out what I want to make yet.  I better get on that before I make my grocery list.  For now, here's what we're eating this week:
Monday - Roasted Whole Chicken with potatoes & broccoli
Tuesday - Taco Stuffed Peppers - didn't get to this last week
Wednesday - Shrimp Alfredo over Zoodles
Thursday - Santa Fe Chicken Pasta
Friday - Squash Stew
Saturday - Chicken Pot Pie - with the leftover chicken from Monday.  I may freeze this and have leftovers this day.
Sunday - Pistachio Crusted Tilapia with sweet potato fries

Water Flavor - Lemon - I'm still working thru the free bag of lemons from Giant Eagle - that was a lot of lemons!





Meal Prep - I set up the flavored water, hard boiled eggs and made protein Ranch dressing for lunches.  I also thawed out the chicken for tomorrow and have everything I need for Mon-Weds dinners. 

As always, I'm linking up with Laura at Mommy, Run Fast.  Go check out the other blogs on the link up for some more yummy recipes!  Have a great week!!

No comments:

Post a Comment