Sunday, February 21, 2016

Keeping Up With...Food (Menu Plan 2/22 - 2/28)

I had grand plans of blogging during this past week but honestly the week got away from me.  The guys all had Monday off (I still had to teach 2 classes) and we spent most of the day catching up around the house.  Tuesday ended up being a snow day and the boys and I laid around and were lazy.  It was awesome!  The rest of the week was super busy as was the weekend.

The good news is that I stuck to my menu plan again this past week!  I love it when I do that!  I did a bunch of prep between Monday and Tuesday and the rest of the week cruised with the meals.  This week I already feel behind, it's late on Sunday and I'm just deciding on the meals for the week.  No shopping or food prep happening over here.  I added pasta and sauce to my food list so I'm ready in case I don't make something.  It's a good fallback meal that keeps us from eating out.

Here's what I'm planning for this week:
Monday - Sausage & Peppers Casserole - I'm SO excited for this.  It looks so good!
Tuesday - Taco Tuesday - the boys favorite!
Wednesday - Slow Cooker Potato Chowder
Thursday - Sausage & White Bean Chili
Friday - Taco Stuffed Bell Peppers
Saturday - Chicken & Pasta Alfredo - I have 4 hours of Zumba this day so I need something quick & filling.  This dish with a salad sounds perfect!!
Sunday - We're having dinner with my brother & his family.  Not sure if he's cooking or I am so I'm not planning anything yet.

Water Flavor - Lemon/Grape - I'm still working thru the free bag of lemons from Giant Eagle and I had a small bunch of grapes that got lost in the (over full) fruit drawer and was starting to turn so I threw the good ones in the water for the week.

As always, I'm linking up with Laura at Mommy, Run Fast.  Go check out the other blogs on the link up for some more yummy recipes!  Have a great week!!

No comments:

Post a Comment