Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Keeping Up With...Family (No Routine!)

We have been all over the place the past month, or at least that's what it feels like.  Between sickness, weather and schedules changing we can't find our routine and our groove.  I have talked before about needing a routine and I'm sure it's the best way for us to function.  AJ and I especially have a tough time when we don't have our routine.  He gets messed up and a little crazy, which makes it hard for me to deal with him. 

But I see the light at the end of the tunnel.  We've had school so far this week, I'm hoping we're back to normal now, although there is a chance for bad weather later this week.  Ice skating for Zak and hockey for AJ both ended last week so we have far less commitments in the evening.  Right now the only thing the boys are doing is swimming lessons on Saturdays & everyone is OK with that.  They are taking a break until the summer & will pick up at least bowling then.  AJ wants to go back to hockey in the summer as well and Zak will probably ice skate again then too.

People always ask me how I do everything that I do and I honestly didn't have a great answer for them.  But now I know what the answer is.  Adrian helps get it all done.  He's normally done work by 3:30 which means he's home to help with dinner, homework, nighttime activities, bath, bed & clean up.  The past four months or so he has been working much later which means a lot (some days all) of that has fallen on my shoulders.  While I don't mind it at all, it is exhausting.  I can't keep a pace like that on my own.  If his work schedule doesn't calm down, the boys activities will be limited come fall for sure!

Here are a few pictures from our last week.  Not anything really exciting, just life moving along.  I'll take it!
Zak had his first trip to the dentist.  He was apprehensive at first but after Mom went, he was ready to go.  He did great, no cavities for either of us!

 AJ's team took third place in the end of the year ice hockey tournament.  They won their first game, but then lost the second one so they went into the consolation bracket for 3rd/4th place.  They had a pizza party between games 2 and 3 and kicked butt in game 3.  Maybe they should have eaten before game 2?

The boys are collected "Pennies for Patients" to help out children who have cancer.  AJ told me "There are kids who are very, very sick.  They need a lot of medicine and sometimes their families can't afford it.  I think even if they can afford it, they probably don't have much left for toys and those are important for kids too."  Love his heart!  We are collecting donations of any denomination all week.  Let me know if you'd like to support this great cause!!

No comments:

Post a Comment