Sunday, April 7, 2013

March Goals Update

It's been a crazy few weeks for us & my blogging has slipped some.  And my goals aren't where I would like them to be.  Getting back on track now in April!  Sometimes it's good to go off the track for a while.  :)  Here is the slight update on my goals for the past month.

Exercise Goals
1.  Do 13 races in 2013 - I finished two virtual races in March, one 5K & one 10K, bringing my total for the year to 4.  I have 3 scheduled for April (2 are actually already done as I type this) so that will bring me to the halfway point already.
2.  Exercise 5 days/week - I didn't log everything, but I walked almost every day this month to meet the  next goal, so I will say I accomplished this one.
3.  Do monthly challenges - I finished the 100 mile March!  That was super hard & very challenging, but I really enjoyed it.  It helped me to get some exercise every day.  I'm hoping to do a wrap up blog about this real soon so stay tuned.  For April, I'm doing the 100 mile April, Ab-tastic April, and an Eat Your Veggies challenge this month.  Check them out & join me!

Weight Loss Goals
1.  Stay under my calorie goal for the day for 13 out of 14 days - I don't even want to think about this one.  Between spring break, sick kids, my birthday & Easter, the month wasn't pretty.  Eh, it was fun though.  :)
2.  Lose 1-2 lbs/week - I lost 5 lbs this month (as of my last weigh in).  On track for this goal, although I skipped the last week's weigh in so I'm sure I'm back up.
3.  Get under 200 lbs by my birthday the 1/4 marathon - I'm currently at 222.  This may not happen, but I'm still working my butt off (literally) so it will happen one day!

Family/Personal Goals
1.  Declutter this house - This fell by the wayside this month.  I intentionally put it aside to try to finish something for AJ's school, but didn't even get thru that.  I also had planned to get thru some of my pictures on my retreat, but ended up sick so I didn't do that either.  I did declutter my MP3 player, but not sure that counts.
2.  Read at least 12 books this year - I finished 2 books in March:  "My Point...and I Do Have One" by Ellen DeGeneres and "Life is Not a Reality Show" by Kyle Richards.  Both were light & easy reads & I enjoyed them both.  That brings my total to 6 for the year - half way there!
3.  Take one picture each day - This has been a super fun challenge so far!  Not like I needed to take more pictures, but it is a really cool way to chronicle the year.  You can check out the pictures on Facebook.  Still going strong with this one, haven't missed a day yet, although some days are harder than others.
5.  More consistent blogging - I did not do well with this in March, as you can see since I'm a week late with this post.  I stopped my Thankful Thursday posts because it was just becoming too much for me.  I did blog the boys' monthly updates & all of my training & exercising for the month.  Come to think of it, the month wasn't that bad, just the end of it was.

How are your goals for 2013 going??

No comments:

Post a Comment