Sunday, February 7, 2021

Keeping Up With...Food (Meal Plan 2/7 - 2/13)

We had another pretty great food week last week and mostly followed our plan. I did all of the grocery shopping for the next month last week and realized that I bought smoked salmon that I could not freeze and would not last as long as when I had planned to make the meal with it. So I bumped the planned meal for last Friday and made this Salmon Ricotta Frittata on Friday for dinner. I will make the kielbasa & cabbage skillet in 2 weeks when we celebrate National Cabbage Day. Here are a few picture highlights of our food last week.

I almost didn't write this post for this week since it's a week of celebration and very little cooking for me (yay!) But I decided to share some of our traditions for this week that we follow each year. This week is always crazy for us with both Daniel and Zak having birthdays, plus the Super Bowl and usually Valentine's Day parties in school. This year I get a bit of a break since we only have have 1 Valentine's party (Zak) and it's virtual. But we still have a lot of celebrating to do this week and are looking forward to all of it!!

Here's what we're eating this week:
Sunday - Appetizers for the Super Bowl - Wings, Fried Pickles, Chips & Dip
Monday - Pizza at Zak's Birthday Party at Urban Air
Tuesday - Jets Pizza to celebrate National Pizza Day
Wednesday - Cavatelli to celebrate Daniel's Birthday (his pick)
Thursday - Tacos to celebrate Zak's Birthday (his pick)
Friday - Leftovers
Saturday - Little Caesar's Pizza for Daniel's Birthday Party

Water Flavor - Orange Mint again this week. It was really good last week! I'll have to remember to buy mint from time to time as I continue to use up my oranges.

Baking - I'm not doing a ton of baking, but we are having a ton of sweet treats this week! Some I'm buying because we like them and honestly this week is busy enough I don't need any more on my plate. From the store, we are having Meijer cupcakes on Sunday to celebrate Daniel's birthday with his friend, Kroger cookies on Monday at Zak's birthday party, Meijer cookie cake on Tuesday to celebrate Zak's birthday and Meijer sheet cake on Saturday for Daniel's birthday party. I'll be making an Oreo ice cream cake on Wednesday to celebrate Daniel's birthday. It's a good thing we have so much sugar to keep us going this week!!

No comments:

Post a Comment