Monday, February 15, 2021

Keeping Up With...2021 Goals (Weekly Recap 2/8 - 2/14)

This week went by in a blur of activity! Zak turned 9 on Monday and we had his party that night. Daniel turned 12 on Wednesday and we had his party on Saturday. We got our first official snow day on Thursday which gave us a 5 day weekend. We celebrated Valentine's Day with a virtual party for Zak on Wednesday and then as a family on Sunday. Plus our normal activities and having our friends over. It was a jam packed week and I'm surprised I'm still standing at the end of it, ha! The house also took a beating but thankfully we all have Monday off to pull it back together.

I will be doing a separate post about the two boys birthday activities sometime this week and will try to remember to link it back here. For Valentine's Day we celebrated by doing a whole lot of nothing on Sunday. The boys were all exhausted after Daniel's sleepover Saturday night so they mostly watched YouTube and played video games. We did play a board game with each of them and then Adrian and I played two more alone. He and I ordered fajitas and margaritas from the Mexican place around the corner for dinner so we didn't have to worry about cooking. We didn't do gifts, we never do. We prefer to spend time together and spend the money on a nice meal out (or take out this year) then gifts that we don't really need. Zak celebrated Valentine's Day early with his class on his Wednesday Zoom. They played a few minute to win it games, listened to a story and had snack together. Then we made heart structures on our own with our friends who are here on Wednesdays. Rocky also got to celebrate with a themed photo shoot at daycare on Thursday!

Here's how I did on my goals this week.

 Working on Myself:

  • Lose 50 pounds by exercising 5 days each week and walking at least 400 miles this year - I didn't weigh in this week, but I'm pretty sure I didn't lose anything and probably gained. I'll be back to focusing on healthy eating on Tuesday, once all of this pizza and cake are out of my house! I walked about 8 miles this week for a total of 50 miles so far this year. That is slightly more than my plan of 1 mile per day, which is great to be able to keep going during a cold and busy week like the one we just had!
  • Read 15 books for fun - I didn't finish any books this week, but I read about 30% of "Christmas Shopaholic."
  • Write Scripture(s) every day this year - I have done this all 45 days so far this year. I'm really enjoying this practice so far this year.
  • Attend 12 Zumba jam sessions to improve my teaching skills - I attended 1 jam in January and am registered for one in March. I decided not to do a February one since I'm not teaching right now. Hopefully I can make it up later this year.
Working on Family:
  • Play all 152 of our board games together (either just Adrian and I or as a family) - We played 6 games this week for a total of 29 games so far this year. We played Coup as a family, Chronicles of Crime with AJ, Coconuts with Daniel and Zak. Then Adrian and I played Castles of Burgundy, Concordia and Curious Cargo. We also played a few of our favorites this weekend since we had so much time, Everdell and Roll for the Galaxy. You can follow along on my thoughts on each game on this webpage
  • Do 10 home improvement/reorganization projects - We made a huge dent in the playroom clean out this weekend and got almost the whole room organized. We have one more section left, and the closet. We will be working extra this week to finish up the play room since we don't have many extra kids this week. We are still not done with the garage, it's just too cold and snowy to deal with it!
  • Pay off all of our outstanding credit card debit and don't incur any additional debt - We paid off our Best Buy credit card last month which included the boys' new XBox and their laptops from this summer. This month we paid off our new couches, and are down to only one credit card left to pay off. We will be incurring some new debt this month since AJ is getting braces, but we hope to pay it off quicker than the 2 year payment plan we will be on.
  • Watch 50 movies together and continue watching TV series together - This week we watched "X-Men: The Last Stand" and "Mulan" and have watched 5 movies so far this year. We enjoyed both movies, especially the live action Mulan. The boys didn't really want to watch it, but all really enjoyed it. We also started two new TV series this week "The Hollow" and "WandaVision." Both are weird, but we're really sucked in to WandaVision already. I think we'll finish that one pretty quickly.
  • Celebrate a holiday every day this year - This past week we celebrated Scouts BSA's Birthday, National Pizza Pie Day, National Umbrella Day, National Peppermint Patty Day, Abraham Lincoln's Birthday, National Tortellini Day and Valentine's Day. Below are a few picture highlights of our holidays. I'm also chronicling them on Facebook so if we aren't friends there, feel free to add me or follow along at #CelebrateEveryDay

No comments:

Post a Comment