Friday, February 19, 2021

Keeping Up With...Food (Meal Plan 2/21 - 2/27)

I have been behind on these posts, but this week I'm actually early! I've had a lot of free time this past week between the snow cancelling a few things, Adrian working some overtime and having Monday as a holiday so everyone was off. We got back to eating healthy which means more cooking and washing dishes for me, but that's OK. We did great sticking to last week's meal plan and all of the food was delicious! The IP Baked Ziti was by far the favorite meal of the week and will be in heavy rotation over here. My only complaint is that everyone liked it so there are no leftovers! Here are a few pictures of the delicious and healthy food we ate this week.

This week is very busy for us with something just about every night during the week. We also have to finish Zak's Pinewood Derby car for his race this Saturday. We have a few medical things this week including AJ getting his braces on (finally!) and my last round of testing to figure out a plan to keep my iron up (finally!) I've tried to pick easy and quick meals this week that are also filling since there's a lot of running around. You will notice a lot of one pot meals, as well as a ton in our instant pot, air fryer and slow cooker. I hope to be able to make everything this week, but know I have enough in the pantry and freezers to figure something out if I'm not able to cook one day.

Here's what we're eating this week:
Sunday - Ribs in our instant pot & Pierogies (after our monthly wine tasting - yay!)
Monday - Instant Pot Beef and Broccoli over Rice with Margaritas!
Tuesday - Kielbasa & Cabbage recipe from my dad for the adults, Tacos for the kids
Wednesday - Squash & Chicken Stew with Tortilla Chips
Thursday - Slow Cooker Chili
Friday - Spinach & Asiago Burgers and French Fries in the Air Fryer
Saturday - Steaks on the Grill with Air Fried Butternut Squash

Water Flavor - Orange again. I'm doing a grocery pick up order early this week to get a few things to get us thru the next few weeks and I'll be adding mint to my list to spruce up my water for next week.

Baking - I'm back to baking a lot this week! We have a few holidays this week that require some baking on my part so I'm excited for those. Plus I'm going to start making either muffins or bread again for Adrian and I for breakfasts since we're just about caught up on granola bars and all of the baked goods from the parties. This week I'm making Cinnamon Rolls for breakfast on Sunday, Banana Bread for breakfast on Tuesday and Cranberry Applesauce Muffins for the adults for the week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment