Tuesday, February 2, 2021

Keeping Up With...Food (Meal Plan 1/31 - 2/6)

We had another great week of food last week and stuck to our meal plan for the week. Everything was delicious and filling which are our two main goals right now. We had some easier meals and a few I didn't have to cook which was a nice break for me. Now if only I didn't have a million dishes to take care of every day! I've often heard that it's expensive to eat healthy. While I don't necessarily agree with that, I do think it's harder to eat healthy because of all the food prep and cooking you need to do. Plus so many of the things I use are hand wash only. I often feel like all I do is wash dishes, ha! Here are some pictures of the food we ate this week, on some of the many dishes I had to wash.
This week is super busy for us! I have a doctor and dentist appointment and need to work at the church a few nights. Plus we are kicking off our February birthday celebrations on Saturday and will celebrate for the next week or so. There is a lot of extra prep for that. I'm also trying a different strategy this month with meal planning. I planned the whole month this past weekend, made the shopping list and am attempting to do all of the shopping this week. I'm hoping this saves me both time and money, we will see. I also really tried to focus on what we have around the house instead of buying a ton of stuff, but we also have a lot of special days to start this month so there was some extra shopping.

Here's what we're eating this week:
Sunday - Chili Lime Chicken Kabobs in our new air fryer and Roasted Brussels Sprouts
Monday - Egg Roll in a Noodle Bowl
Tuesday - Taco Stuffed Baked Potatoes for the adults and Tacos for the kids
Wednesday - Leftovers
Thursday - Loaded Baked Potato Soup and Salads
Friday - Kielbasa, Potatoes and Cabbage Skillet
Saturday - Dinner at my brother's house to celebrate the February birthdays (2 of my boys & my niece)

Water Flavor - Orange Mint. I bought some mint to spice up my water for the next two weeks. I am enjoying the orange water, but it's been a lot over the past month or so. But I'm getting the oranges for free and I don't have any other way to use them so I'm happy not to waste them.

Baking - I'm mostly taking a break from baking this week because I would like us to eat everything we already have this week. Next week we have birthday celebrations most days since Zak's birthday is Monday and Daniel's is Wednesday. I will be doing a ton of baking next week for sure! The only thing I'm baking this week is Nutella Cookies to celebrate Nutella Day on Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment