Monday, February 1, 2021

Keeping Up With...2021 Goals (Weekly Recap 1/25 - 1/31)

Last week went by super quick again, probably because I was behind all week and never really had any down time. I had a ton of stuff to do around the house and a bunch of errands to run. The week started with bad weather Monday and a 2 hour delay for the boys that morning, which was so nice to start our week a little later. We had a good week of school and had fun with our friend who were over during the week. Zak's school celebrated kindness week so over the week Zak did 20 different acts of kindness, including being respectful to others, taking care of his body with exercise and giving friends compliments. Our evenings were filled with season 1 of Raising Dion and finally getting back to having family movie nights, plus a few nights of work for me.
The highlight of the week was definitely Saturday afternoon. Adrian and I headed out for a day date in between playing board games for the day. We started at CABS to exchange our library game, finally returning Targi and taking home Fields of Arle for the next few weeks. Then we headed to JCPenney to do our final Christmas return. Since we got store credit for that, Adrian used it towards buying an awesome, and much needed, new winter coat. Then we went to Carrabba's for a late lunch/early dinner to finally use a gift card that we have had for almost two years. We enjoyed some sangria and delicious food and took some home for a snack later in the evening. We finished up with a quick stop at Kohl's to pick up my internet order and Graeter's for ice cream for dessert. It was a pretty great afternoon away in the middle of playing 4 board games together. 

Here's how I did on my goals this week.

 Working on Myself:

  • Lose 50 pounds by exercising 5 days each week and walking at least 400 miles this year - I didn't lose anything this week, but I didn't gain either so I'm happy about that. I finished this month losing 8.6 pounds total so far this year. I walked 8.3 miles this week for a total of 36 miles so far this year. My goal was to walk 1 mile each day and then about 50 extra miles so it seems like I'm right on track for this goal.
  • Read 15 books for fun - For the first time in a while, I didn't finish a book this week, but I'm about 75% done the book I'm reading so it will probably be don next week. 
  • Write Scripture(s) every day this year - I have done this all 31 days so far this year. I'm really enjoying this practice so far this year.
  • Attend 12 Zumba jam sessions to improve my teaching skills - I attended 1 jam in January and am registered for one in March. I'm waiting on a February jam to see how I'm feeling after the very busy first half of this month.
Working on Family:
  • Play all 152 of our board games together (either just Adrian and I or as a family) - We played 3  games this week for a total of 19 games so far this year. We played Castle Panic, Clank and Camel Up with the boys. We also played another game of Obession and one of our newest game Suburbia. It was a super fun weekend of games!! You can follow along on my thoughts on each game on this webpage
  • Do 10 home improvement/reorganization projects - We decided to organize the garage this month so we can get the van in it. We were not able to finish this project this past weekend due to the fact that it snowed most of the weekend and the van was safely in the garage. Instead this weekend, we jumped ahead to next month's project which is cleaning out and organizing the play room. We did about a quarter of that room this weekend and will bounce between that and the garage over the next few weekends and hopefully finish them both in February.
  • Pay off all of our outstanding credit card debit and don't incur any additional debt - We paid off our Best Buy credit card this month which included the boys' new XBox and their laptops from this summer. Next up we hope to pay off the couches.
  • Watch 50 movies together and continue watching TV series together - This week we watched our first two movies of the year, "Soul" and "Fantastic Four." They were both really good! We also watched episodes of "Wipeout" and "Raising Dion."
  • Celebrate a holiday every day this year - This past week we celebrated Bubble Wrap Appreciation Day, Plan Your Next Vacation Day, Chocolate Cake Day, Blueberry Pancake Day, Puzzle Day, Croissant Day and Brussels Sprouts Day . Below are a few picture highlights of our holidays. I'm also chronicling them on Facebook so if we aren't friends there, feel free to add me or follow along at #CelebrateEveryDay

No comments:

Post a Comment