Monday, February 8, 2021

Keeping Up With...2021 Goals (Weekly Recap 2/1 - 2/7)

Last week was crazy busy with lots of schedule changes too. We had a lot of snow and ice so the boys had 2 days that would have been snow days but were full virtual days instead and one two hour delay. It seemed like they had less school work so that was good, although since there was more independent work, there was a lot of procrastination as well. Thankfully we finished everything and got it turned in. I also had another doctor's appointment which lead to more tests in a few weeks and possibly surgery soon. The boys and I had dentist appointments on Tuesday and no one had any cavities - yay! AJ does need two teeth pulled and will then have braces put on later this month. Finally Adrian and the boys went for much needed haircuts on Friday and came back looking fantastic!
This Saturday kicked off our birthday celebration week since both Zak (Feb 8) and Daniel (Feb 10) have birthdays next week. I will do a separate blog post about their birthday celebrations next week when we are all done. We are doing multiple small parties this year to keep things safe and make sure everyone stays healthy. We also had the Super Bowl on Sunday so it was a weekend with lots of sugar and junk food. I thought the game was pretty boring and while I appreciate that Tom Brady is an amazing player, I'm sick of watching him win, ha! I didn't really like the halftime show, although I think The Weeknd did a great job with what he had to work with. I don't really know his music so that didn't draw me in either. Finally the commercials were mostly OK, and I missed some of the bigger names. My favorites where the one for Alexa and the one for Paramount with Beavis and Butthead. I also enjoyed our food selection which included fried pickles, chicken wings, Mexican dip and ice cream.

 Here's how I did on my goals this week.

 Working on Myself:

  • Lose 50 pounds by exercising 5 days each week and walking at least 400 miles this year - I didn't lose anything again this week, I gained about .5 pounds. The stress of the week got to me so there was more junk food than there should have been. I only walked about 6 miles this week for a total of 42 miles so far this year. I was really busy and really tired most nights so I didn't walk as much as I would have liked. Plus it was SO cold outside!
  • Read 15 books for fun - I finished two books last week, although one of them was really more like a short story. I finished the 11th book in the How to Train Your Dragon series and it was great, I can't wait to read the final book! I also read "Giraffe and Flamingo" which was a short story that I got free from Amazon. It was just OK but was a nice light read. I started my next book last week as well, "Christmas Shopaholic."
  • Write Scripture(s) every day this year - I have done this all 38 days so far this year. I'm really enjoying this practice so far this year.
  • Attend 12 Zumba jam sessions to improve my teaching skills - I attended 1 jam in January and am registered for one in March. I'm waiting on a February jam to see how I'm feeling after the very busy first half of this month.
Working on Family:
  • Play all 152 of our board games together (either just Adrian and I or as a family) - We only played 1 game this week for a total of 20 games so far this year. We played Champions of Midgard on Saturday. We were really busy with all of the other stuff we were doing this weekend so we didn't have time for other games. We'll be back to more games next weekend, it's a 3 day weekend! You can follow along on my thoughts on each game on this webpage
  • Do 10 home improvement/reorganization projects - We didn't work on either of the two current projects we're working on this weekend because we were so busy with other fun things. We will be making the time over the next 3 weekends to finish both the garage and the play room clean outs.
  • Pay off all of our outstanding credit card debit and don't incur any additional debt - We paid off our Best Buy credit card last month which included the boys' new XBox and their laptops from this summer. This month we will be paying off the couches. We will be incurring some new debt this month since AJ is getting braces, but we hope to pay it off quickly than the 2 year payment plan we will be on.
  • Watch 50 movies together and continue watching TV series together - This week we watched "Groundhog Day" and have watched 3 movies so far this year. Everyone thought the movie was hilarious, although Adrian & I feel it went on a little too long. We also finished season 1 of "Raising Dion" and it was fantastic! Great show with lots of fun twists. Can't wait for season 2!
  • Celebrate a holiday every day this year - This past week we celebrated National Get Up & Move Day (snow shoveling for the win!), Groundhog Day, American Painters Day, Homemade Soup Day, Nutella Day, Ice Cream for Breakfast Day and Superbowl Sunday. Below are a few picture highlights of our holidays. I'm also chronicling them on Facebook so if we aren't friends there, feel free to add me or follow along at #CelebrateEveryDay

No comments:

Post a Comment