Monday, February 15, 2021

Keeping Up With...Food (Meal Plan 2/14 - 2/20)

Well we did an amazing job sticking to our meal plan last week, although it may have been the most simple plan I have ever created, ha! We have had more cake and pizza in the last week than we've had in the entire past year. While I love this week and celebrating my boys, I also always look forward to getting back on track with my healthy eating. Our original plan was to get back on track on Monday, but then we saw how much leftover pizza and cake we had so we decided to take one more day to try to eat some more of that stuff before getting back on track on Tuesday. Plus we were planning on grilling steak and we're supposed to get slammed with winter weather from Sunday-Tuesday and then again Thursday and Friday so we'll be pushing off the steak for a week or so. I didn't take many pictures of our food this week, but here is one from Saturday's lunch celebrating National Tortellini Day!

This week is super busy for us with doctor appointments, lots of work for me and Dungeons and Dragons on Friday night. I have a plan for the week, but as always will be flexible if we need to switch things up. I am still stocked up on sandwich stuff and can always throw together pasta for a quick dinner. I am not shopping again this week, we will only be using the food that we have. My new goal is to make it until my birthday and Easter without shopping, but we'll see if we can do that. Our freezers are bursting so I know I have enough meat to make it, just not sure about veggies and other sides. Plus the kids will probably run out of snacks before then, but I'm hoping to get creative with some of the snacks from the school before running back to the school.

Here's what we're eating this week:
Sunday - Cazuela's take out for Valentine's Day for the adults, pizza for the kids
Monday - Leftover pizza for all!!
Tuesday - Tacos for the kids and Mexican Cauliflower Rice Skillet for the adults 
Wednesday - Kielbasa, Cabbage & Potato Skillet for all to celebrate Cabbage Day
Thursday - Instant Pot Baked Ziti and salad
Friday - Leftovers since I'm working and the boys have D&D
Saturday - Chicken & Broccoli Stew

Water Flavor - Just plain orange again this week. Whenever I get back to the store, I will pick up more mint!! I'm starting to make a dent in the backlog of oranges, yay!

Baking - Once again, I'm not doing a ton of baking this week. We still have cookies and cake leftover from last week that we will be working on this week. I did buy packzi donuts for breakfast on Tuesday to celebrate Fat Tuesday/Mardi Gras. After this week, I will go back to baking at least one thing each week for us to have for breakfasts.

No comments:

Post a Comment