Sunday, December 8, 2019

Keeping Up With...Food (Meal Plan for Dec 8 - Dec 14)

I did pretty good sticking to my meal plan last week, except for Friday night.  I had a rough few days at work at the end of the week and just didn't have anything left to cook dinner Friday night.  We had plenty of leftovers so we just ate those and I bumped that meal to Saturday and last Saturday's meal to this Saturday.  Everything I made last week was great and it felt good to be back to eating healthy food again!  We're just about done with all of our Thanskgiving leftovers and over vegetables from our CSA, other than the squash.

This week is another busy one for us as some of our activities wrap up for winter break this week and we have some fun Christmas activities planned.  I'm trying to make easy and healthy meals this week and continue to use up what we have.  I'm starting to try to use up the squash from our CSA this week since they are covering my counter and while I know they last a while, they won't last forever.  This week will also kick off my holiday baking with a few parties on Saturday.

I'm also getting a new stove this week!!  It was not planned and not really what we wanted to do, but it is pretty much a need right now.  I mentioned how my oven broke on Thanksgiving so we need to get it fixed.  When we got the estimate for fixing it (around $600!!) we realized we could upgrade the stove for just a $100 or so more.  So we did some research and found a great deal at Best Buy for a new LG stove that is bigger than my current one and includes an extra burner and a bigger oven.  It will be here Tuesday & I can't wait for it!!

Here's what we're eating this week:
Sunday - Leftovers
Monday - Beef and Broccoli in the instant pot
Tuesday - Taco Tuesday!!
Wednesday - Shrimp Fried Rice
Thursday - Spaghetti Squash and Sausage
Friday - Cauliflower & Butternut Squash Soup
Saturday - Chicken Fajita Pasta - carryover from last week

Water Flavor - So I had mango & kiwi for my water flavor for the next two weeks, but unfortunately today Zak broke my pitcher this morning.  He accidently knocked it off the shelf in the fridge on to the floor.  The boys have decided that Santa should bring me a new one so I'll be without for a few weeks.  The only nice thing about that is that's one less chore I have to do each day - ha!!

Overnight Oats - I have a bunch left over from last week because I didn't eat them some of the days that I planned to eat them so I'll finish those up this week.  I have moose tracks yogurt to use next time I make them so I'm excited to finish what I have!

Use it Up - I'm using up my veggies,  broccoli, spaghetti squash and butternut squash.  I'm also using up more sausage to clean off the pork shelf this week.  I'm almost done and will start on the beef shelf after Christmas.

Lunches - I got a few avocado last week for a great price and romaine is back on the shelves so it will probably be a bunch of salads this week.  I'll probably do a few taco salads since I have a lot of crushed chips to use up in those.

No comments:

Post a Comment