Monday, December 2, 2019

Keeping Up With...2019 Goals (November Recap)

I'm on time this month with my blog post!  I did a really good job this month of both staying on task with my goals and updating this blog post each week with where I am so I just had to add a few extra details today and I was ready to go.  I am super proud of myself to see so many of my goals either accomplished already or on track to be accomplished.  I'm going to miss the mark on a few but I'm totally OK with that and am super excited about the way this year went for me.

The one goal I'm most excited about is that I lost weight this year and so far I haven't gained it all back.  I have a great support system and plan and am ready to kick butt for most of December before taking a week or so off for Christmas.  The past few years I have started out really strong and then hit a plateau and then gave up and gained back everything and more in the last 3 months of the year.  This year I have embraced the plateau and just decided that as long as I don't gain I'm happy.  And that is working for me!!  Even though I gained this month, I'm right back to focused on what I'm eating and I know it will come off quickly.  I'm hoping to see another loss next year and continue on this downward trend. But I'm getting ahead of myself with all of those plans.
For now, here's how I did on my goals in November:
  • Lose 50 30 pounds - Lost 0 pounds this month, I actually gained 5 pounds.  But I'm still down 20 pounds so far this year and I'm excited about that!!
  • Exercise for 20 minutes every day - 321 days (out of 334) - I missed a bunch of days in November, I think I'm running out of steam.  I had a Sunday I I had a ton of stuff to do so I decided to take a full rest day and not exercise at all.  It was a good decision!  Then the Sunday Adrian was gone I took off because I was exhausted trying to keep up with everything.  I also skipped Thanksgiving and the day after because I just didn't feel like exercising.  I'm OK with taking this many days off, I'm super proud of myself for getting over 300 days so far this year and I still have 31 days left!
  • Read the Bible in a Year - 334 days so far, on track to finish this goal this year! 
  • Read 100 Days to Brave - DONE!!
  • Read "Be Still and Know" - 334 days so far, on track to finish this goal this year!
  • Read 20 books - 16 books so far.  In November I finished "Refugee" which was Daniel's recommendation and it was so good!  I also finished "Little Bigfoot, Big City" and "How to Twist a Dragon's Tale" both of which were really good!  All three books this month were super quick reads and very enjoyable.
  • Read the 12 How to Train Your Dragon Books - 5 books done so far.  
  • Read "The Beauty Myth" - DONE!!
  • Write 45 meal plan blogs - 31 blog posts so far this year.  I missed a few of these again this month and I will not hit this goal this year.  I have been planning each week, just not writing the blog posts about it.
  • Write 52 weekly summary blogs - 47 blog posts so far this year.  I'm still missing one from Sept that I'm hoping to catch up on in the next week or so.  If I don't get it done in December, I will just be done and not writing that one this year.
  • Write 12 9 goal recap blogs - 7 blog posts so far this year.  
  • Pay off $3,000 of credit card debt - DONE!!  We've actually paid off $3,800 paid off so far
  • Renovate the living room - DONE!!
  • Watch 40 50 movies - 45 movies so far.  In November we watched: "Hocus Pocus," "Iron Man 2," "Thor" and "Christmas Vacation."  It's going to be close to get to our changed goal of 50 movies this year but I think we can do it.
  • Go on 12 dates with Adrian - 14 dates so far - In November we went out to dinner and axe throwing with another couple and out for a taco lunch on Veteran's Day.  We may be done for the year now because we are SO busy in December we may not have time to have another date.
  • Sub 70 days in the schools - 60.5 days so far
  • Do one group fitness training - DONE!!  I'm officially licensed to teach Aqua Zumba now.  I'm super excited to add this license to my resume and hopefully will start teaching a class regularly in the fall.
  • Go to 6 Zumba jam sessions - 8 jams attended so far this year - Yes, another goal completed for the year!!  And I'm still going to at least one more in December, possibly 2 or even 3 that month.  So thankful for this continuing education!!
  • Clean out master bedroom garage - DONE!!  We decided to wait on our bedroom and instead clean out our garage.  We spent about 2 hours one morning and got the whole thing cleaned out.  It looks awesome!!
  • Clean out play room - DONE!!  The boys did great helping out in the play room and we got rid of a ton of things.  I'm super proud of them!!
  • Have 12 family board game nights - We've had 9 family game nights so far this year, including 3 over Thanksgiving break.  We fell off for a while but seem to be back on the board games.
  • Play Pandemic Legacy with Adrian once per month - We played 11 months so far.  We won in November again!  We had a tough start and thought we wouldn't make it this month but we were able to pull in out!
  • Have 6 nights out with friends - DONE!!
  • Go on an awesome spring break vacation to Florida - DONE!!
  • Do 100 fun family things (one thing each week during school & one thing per person each week over the summer) - 90 things done so far.  
  • Go on 2 family camping trips - none planned so far and now it's too cold here in Ohio.  This goal will not be finished this year for sure, but we were just talking about possibly going next spring so it may be back on the goal list next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment