Friday, December 13, 2019

Keeping up with...Family (Weekly Wrap 12/6 - 12/12)

Friday (12/6) We made it to another weekend!  We were dragging this morning but we got up and moving on time.  AJ decided he wanted me to drive him so Adrian helped me get him ready then headed to work for the day.  I dropped off AJ and Daniel and then came home and got Zak and myself ready for the day.  We headed into school together since I was subbing all day.  I spent the day in a fun kindergarten class which included seeing the an assembly with the high school choir caroling.  Zak was in the assembly too and was excited to see me there!  After school, we came home and were all exhaused from the week so we relaxed, played video games and had leftovers for dinner.  I headed out in the evening for a productive Scout committee meeting and then came home for family movie night.  We watched the new movie "Klaus" on Netflix and it was great!  We all really enjoyed it!  When it was over, we got the boys down to bed, watched an episode of "Superstore" and headed to bed as well.  It's been a long week and we have a busy weekend ahead of us!

Saturday (12/7) We got to sleep in a little today, but then we hit the ground running.  I got up and got ready to head to the church for Zumba.  We had a fun, sweaty class this morning!  Then I met up with some new employees for our front desk at the church and trained them so they are ready to go in January.  While I was there, Adrian took Daniel and Zak to Home Depot to make Christmas countdown calendars.  They had a great time and are so excited to have these, they have been asking for a countdown calendar for a while!
We all came home and had a quick lunch and then I headed back out to a Zumba jam this afternoon.  I had a great time learning 5 new routines with some awesome ZIN friends.  I'm not sure if I'll use any of the songs in my classes, and I don't care if I do or not.  This jam was more about me getting some exercise and having some fun, which is exactly what I did!  While I was there, Adrian and the boys got some stuff done around the house, including some homework.  He cooked delicious turkey noodle soup too which was ready for dinner when I got home, which was awesome!
After we had dinner, we headed out as a family to see the Wonderlights at National Trail Raceway.  This was such an awesome family night!!  While the line was long, it moved quickly and you can see the light show while you're waiting so we enjoyed watching the lights and listening to the music it's synced to.  The boys especially enjoyed the Trans Siberian Orchestra songs because the lights went crazy during those.  We were there for just over an hour and enjoyed every minute of it!  I really feel like I'm in the Christmas spirit now.  After the show, we headed home to watch the Big 10 championship game.  While it started rough, we're glad OSU pulled out the win in the end.  I enjoyed watching it since it was such a close game!  Around watching it, I got a few things done around the house and we put the kids to bed at halftime.  It was a fantastic day top to bottom for me and I am so grateful for this day!
Sunday (12/8) We got to sleep in a little again today, although Zak was still up at like 7am.  I got up with him since I had to serve during first service of church anyway this morning.  I had a relaxing morning before getting ready and heading in to serve in the elementary class for children's church.  Then I met Adrian and the boys there and we all went to second service together.  After church, we came home and had a quick lunch and got the boys' homework for the weekend finished.  Then the boys played video games while Adrian and I worked around the house.  We also watched most of the Jets game and were excited to see them win!!  The day passed quickly with lots of video games, football and junk food.  After leftovers for dinner, the boys finished up their chores for the weekend and eventually we all settled down to watch "Charlie Brown's Christmas."  After we got the boys thru their night routine and down to bed, Adrian and I made a plan for Christmas gifts and ordered what we could online.  I feel much better prepared for the holiday season now!!  We enjoyed some wine and an episode of "Superstore" before heading to bed for the night.  It was a really great weekend!!

Monday (12/9) Back to the school and work routine for the week!  We all got up and moving on time this morning.  Adrian helped me get AJ ready and on the bus before he headed into work for the day.  I got Daniel and Zak both ready and dropped off to school and then I had a rare day off from subbing so I came home and worked around the house all day.  I got a ton of stuff done including a bunch of Christmas shopping.  The day passed quickly and before I knew it, it was time to pick everyone up from school.  I picked up AJ and Daniel at express pick up instead of having them take the bus since I was off, then I went to pick up Zak too.

When we all got home, we got quickly thru homework and dinner so we would be ready for the evening.  AJ had his winter band concert so Adrian took him there and then I met them there with the other boys closer to show time.  The band played three holiday songs and they were all really good!  After the concert, Adrian headed to the church for a meeting about our new pastor and I took Daniel and Zak to mail their letters to Santa.  When we got home, they got snacks and watched part of "Great Christmas Light Fight" before heading to bed for the night.  When Adrian got home, we finished up a few things around the house and then watched two comedies while drinking our advent wine before heading to bed too.  Great start to our week!!
Tuesday (12/10) We got up and moving on time today, although it wasn't a normal day for us.  We are getting our new stove today so Adrian is working from home today to wait for the delivery.  He got up and helped me get AJ up and on the bus this morning.  Then I got Daniel ready and dropped him off at school.  When Zak woke up, he was complaining that his throat hurt and he had a slight fever so he stayed home from school for the day.  I finished getting myself ready for the day then headed out to run a few errands before subbing this afternoon.
Adrian hung out with Zak for the day and got the new stove installed.  When I got home from school, Zak was still sick so we decided he would have to miss all of his night activities.  I headed to the bowling alley to pay for his last week, register him for next session and pick up his trophy.  He was excited to learn that he got the second highest handicap game for the session!!  He also had the third highest scratch game of the session when he bowled his 118.  He's excited to bowl again in January!
Since we now had a free night since we also didn't go to Scouts, we used the time to get a few things done.  Zak spent most of the night resting since he was still sick while the rest of us had dinner and worked around the house.  The boys watched about half of "The Great Christmas Light Fight" together too and enjoyed seeing the heavyweights division.  After that, we got them down to bed for the night and figured out our plan for tomorrow since Zak won't be going to school again.  Then we watched two episodes of "The Good Place" and headed to bed too.

Wednesday (12/11) Zak had a rough night and was up a few times with his sore throat.  Unfortunately Adrian and I still had to get up early to get the other boys to school.  We did tell AJ to sleep in a little and that I would drive him instead of him taking the bus so that got us an extra half hour of sleep.  We all got up and moving and Adrian helped me get AJ and Daniel ready.  Then I left to drop them off at school and he started working from home.  After I dropped them off, I came home and got my stuff together for the day then headed out to run some errands and teach my two classes at the Y.  I had two great classes and am glad Adrian was able to stay home so I could work!  After class I ran a few more errands until it was time to pick up the boys from school.

When we all got home from school, we unloaded all of the groceries I had and then finished the boys homework.  Adrian and I had training for Rocky at 5:30 so we made sure all of the homework was done for the night before we left.  Rocky is doing good keeping up with her commands and we learned a few new ones to practice with her too.  She's all done with this round of training, we will decide in a few months if we want to do more or not.  She also had a visit from the elf last night and she got her own stocking to hang with the rest of the family!!
When we got home from training, we got dinner together for everyone and ate quickly.  Then Adrian and I cleaned up while the boys watched the end of "The Great Christmas Light Fight." We got them down to bed and came back down to watch this week's "Survivor."  We were bummed that Elaine was voted out and shocked that they kicked Dan off the show!  It's been a really good season again and we can't wait to see how it finishes up next week! After that we were exhausted so we headed to bed for the night, crossing our fingers that Zak will feel better in the morning and be able to go to school.

Thursday (12/12) We got up and moving on time today.  Adrian helped me get AJ ready and on the bus on time.  Then when he was getting ready to leave, I saw that we had a stray bird in our loft!  I freaked out and made him go deal with it before he left for work.  I dealt with Daniel and Rocky, who were both freaking out.  Daniel and I finally braved it and headed upstairs to shower so we could get him to school on time and after a good 15 minutes, Adrian finally chased the bird out the window!  It was quite the adventure to start our morning!

After I finally dropped Daniel off (a few minutes late) I came home to get ready and found Zak very sick on the couch.  I decided he could not go to school so I would also have to call out for the day.  He spent the day on the couch watching TV and drinking all of the juice and Gatorade that I forced on him.  I got a ton of stuff done around the house, including getting all of my photos ordered for Christmas presents.  The day passed quickly and before long it was time to go pick up the other boys.  I picked up Daniel but unfortunately AJ didn't get my message so he got on the bus and we met him at home.

Again I got the boys thru homework quickly so they would be done before our night activities.  I got dinner ready and the four of us ate quickly before I headed out to my Zumba Toning class at the church.  I had a large group and we had an awesome time and got a great, sweaty workout.  While I was there, Adrian took the boys shopping for a birthday party Daniel has this weekend and they started their Christmas shopping for me and Rocky.  When we all got home, we got the boys down to bed and then started watching the Jets game.  We didn't have high hopes so we finished cleaning while we were watching and Adrian headed to bed at halftime.  I stayed up a little later, but went to bed at the start of the 4th quarter.  I'm hoping for a better season next year (and yes, I say that every year!)

No comments:

Post a Comment