Sunday, December 1, 2019

Keeping Up With...Food (Meal Plan for Dec 1 - Dec 7)

Back to meal planning after another short break.  I didn't really plan much the past two weeks because Adrian was gone the first week and then we had Thanksgiving the second week.  We did a lot of leftovers, sandwiches and salads during those two weeks.  It was nice to take some time off from planning and cooking but my waist line is feeling the effects and I'm ready to get back to my regular eating, at least for the next 3 weeks before we take another break for Christmas.

The next few weeks are super busy and filled with fun things.  But they will also be filled with a lot of goodies so I want to make sure I'm eating as good as I can as often as I can.  We are just about out of vegetables from our CSA this summer, the rest of them will be used up this week.  I do still have a bunch of squash to use so I'll use those a lot in December and January.  I'm also still working on cleaning out my deep freeze and am almost done the pork shelf.

Here's what we're eating this week:
Sunday - Thanksgiving leftovers
Monday - Kale & Sausage Soup
Tuesday - Tacos for the boys and Shrimp Salad for the adults
Wednesday - Turkey Pot Pie
Thursday - Unstuffed Cabbage Bowls
Friday - Turkey Noodle Soup
Saturday - Chicken Fajita Pasta

Water Flavor - I forgot about this for this week so since I have very little fresh fruit right now (and what I have I need for snacks) I pulled out some berries from the freezer for my water this week.

Overnight Oats - I'm back to making these after a short break.  This week I made a batch with mixed berry yogurt and a batch with almond flavored yogurt.  I'm also eating protein bars for breakfast so these should last me two weeks.

Use it Up - I'm using up the last of the veggies from the CSA including cabbage, kale & carrots.  I'm also using up all of the leftover turkey this week in two dinners and our lunches.  I'm continuing to empty my freezer by using some older sausage tomorrow for dinner.

Lunches - Our lunches this week will be leftovers, either from Thanksgiving dinner or from the meals I'm cooking this week.  I'm not sure if I can even get lettuce right now and since salad is my typical lunch I'm going to switch it up this week and make sure our leftovers stay under control.

No comments:

Post a Comment