Monday, December 9, 2019

Keeping up with...Family (Weekly Wrap 11/29 - 12/5)

Friday (11/29) Another day off means another day to sleep in.  We all slept late and it was glorious!  When we got up and moving, Daniel and Zak played another game of Machi Koro while Adrian and I enjoyed some coffee and breakfast.  Then we started getting ready for our day and finished decorating the house.  Daniel and Adrian ran to Target to get a few new things for the outside while AJ, Zak and I finished up inside.  Then we cleaned up and got ready to have my brother and his family over to celebrate his birthday and Thanksgiving.

They got here mid-afternoon and we had a nice visit.  We played a new board game called "Just One" which everyone really enjoyed.  Isabelle enjoyed visiting with Rocky and Rocky was very well behaved with new people in the house.  We enjoyed a delicious dinner of messy lasagna in the instant pot since the oven is still unreliable with salad and garlic bread.  We also had Oreo ice cream cake and peanut butter pie for dessert.  It was a nice, relaxing visit with them and we all had a great time.  When they left, we played one more family game of "Just One" before the boys headed upstairs for some video game time.  Adrian and I played "Hanabi" and failed miserably but had fun!  Then it was time for the boys' night routine so we got them down to bed, watched another episode of "The Goldburgs" and headed to bed too.

Saturday (11/30) We slept in a little today although I needed to use my alarm because I had to get up and moving to go to work this morning.  Adrian and I were commenting that it's awesome we still have two days this weekend but also that the break seemed to go so fast.  We had some quiet time to have coffee together and then I got ready and headed to church to work the front desk.  There was a huge Nepali wedding in the church so I worked hard but also enjoyed seeing all of their beautiful dresses and tasting their delicious food.

While I was at work, Adrian took care of the boys and got some things done around the house.  When I got home mid-afternoon we watched the OSU/Michigan game on delay.  It was a pretty great game and of course we were super happy that OSU won again!  When the game was over, we watched some of the other football games while getting stuff done around the house.  We all enjoyed leftovers for dinner and a relaxing Saturday afternoon and evening.  After dinner we played a few games including Dixit, Machi Koro & Just One.  It was a fun family game night!  Then it was time for the boys' night routine.  We got them down to bed and we watched a few comedies before heading to bed too since we were up so early this morning.

Sunday (12/1) Happy December!!  We slept in a little today, but not too much since Zak was up at 6am and I had to get up and moving to get to first service for church.  I volunteered in children's church for the first service and then Adrian and the boys met me for second service.  We all heard great messages and enjoyed some fun worship.  After church, we came home and grabbed a quick lunch before we headed out to meet Santa at a local pet store.  We had fun watching Rocky interact with new dogs and people at the open house and she did great meeting Santa too.  It was just a quick visit for us, just to get out of the house and expose her to new people and places.
When we got home from that event, we made sure the boys finished all of their homework from the long weekend and were ready to head back to school tomorrow.  I watched the Jets game, well most of it until I got disgusted with their poor play and changed the channel.  While I was watching I was also getting stuff done around the house so that we're ready to start this upcoming busy week.  The rest of the day passed quickly with lots of football and work around the house.  After another dinner of leftovers, the boys finished their weekend chores and then we all settled in to watch the first part of "Here Comes Santa Claus" before we got the boys down to bed at normal time since we're back to school tomorrow.  After the boys went to bed, we opened our first bottle in our advent calendar, had dessert and watched the Sunday Night football game with a quick episode of "Schooled" during halftime before we headed to bed as well.

Monday (12/2) Back to our routine today and it was rough!  No one wanted to get up and moving, but we had to.  Adrian helped me get AJ up and ready and on the bus and then he headed out to work.  I got Daniel ready and dropped off to school and then got Zak ready for my friend to pick him up to take to school.  I headed into the church to sub in their preschool for the morning.  I had a fun morning with the kids, especially getting a sneak peak of their Christmas program.  After I finished up there, I headed home for a few hours to get a few things done and then into school to sub for the last two hours of the day there.

When I got into Zak's school to sub, one of the teachers told me that Zak had been looking for me all day.  He was so excited to show me that he did a great job with his hand writing practice today!  He's been struggling with his hand writing and we've been working hard to improve it and it looks like it's starting to pay off!  The afternoon passed quickly and before long it was time for all of us to go home.  I got the boys quickly thru homework and then they had some free time to play while I cooked dinner for everyone.  After dinner, I headed out to teach my Zumba class at the church.  Once again I was super impressed that I had a huge class & new people!!  We had so much fun dancing together, although it was rough getting back to it after a week long break.  While I was there, Adrian took AJ to his weekly Scout meeting.  When everyone got home we watched the begining of "The Great Christmas Light Fight" and then got the boys down to bed.  After cleaning up a bit, Adrian and I got our snacks & wine for the night, watched two episodes of "Schooled" and headed to bed.

Tuesday (12/3) Another regular routine day for us.  Adrian got AJ up and helped me get him ready and on the bus before he headed into work for the day.  I got Daniel ready and dropped off to school and then came home and got Zak and myself ready for our day.  We headed in to school together since I was subbing all day in his school.  I had a pretty fun day with two different 3rd grade classes until around 1:00 when Daniel called from the nurse's office that he wasn't feeling well.  He didn't have a temperature and wasn't puking so I had him stick it out at school for the rest of the day so I could finish up my day at work.

After I got home, I checked in with Daniel and while he's not 100%, he's not super sick either.  I got him settled on the couch with some crackers and water and then headed out to bowling with Zak.  It's his last week of league play and then next week he has his end of season party.  He bowled pretty well and is excited to play again next session.  When he was done, we ran two quick errands and then headed home for the night since we don't have Scouts tonight.  Adrian had just gotten home from work too so we got dinner ready together and then got the boys thru homework.  The night passed quickly and soon it was time for the boys' night routine.  Daniel was still not feeling well so he asked to stay home tomorrow, which is fine because I have to be here for the oven repair man anyway.  When we got the boys settled, we finished up a few things downstairs, then watched two episodes of "Modern Family" and headed to bed for the night.

Wednesday (12/4) Even though I technically had the day off, I still had to get up early to get AJ ready for school.  He decided to sleep in a little though and have me drive him instead of taking the bus.  Adrian helped get him up and moving and then headed to work for the day while I dropped AJ off at school.  Then I came home and got Zak ready and dropped off at school.  Daniel slept in and came down a little after 8 and got set up on the couch for the day.  He still wasn't feeling great but as the day went on he felt better.  He spent the day watching YouTube, playing video games and eating a ton!  I was joking that maybe he's not sick, he's just hungry!!  I was able to sneak out for a short trip to get my eyebrows done, grab some groceries at Aldi & drop off prescriptions that need to be filled.  I am missing my errand day this week, will have to be extra productive next week!

While Daniel was spending the day on the couch, I got a ton done around the house.  I also spent some time with the oven repair man only to find out that it would cost over $600 to fix my oven.  After talking to Adrian we decided that buying a new oven was a better option.  So after I got AJ off the bus and picked Zak up from school, I spent some time shopping for and eventually ordered a new oven.  The afternoon passed quickly with homework, video games and a quick trip to pick up Marco's for dinner since it's fundraiser night.  Adrian got home from work late, but we still were able to have dinner together.  Before long it was time to get the boys ready for bed.  After watching some of "The Great Christmas Light Fight" we got them down for the night, finished up some cleaning and watched this week's episode of "Survivor."  I headed to bed soon after that while Adrian stayed up to watch the OSU basketball game.

Thursday (12/5) Thankfully Daniel was feeling better today so we all got up and moving to head out to school and work.  Adrian helped me get AJ ready and on the bus before he headed to work for the day.  Then I got Daniel ready and dropped him off at school.  I came back and got Zak and myself ready for the day and we headed into school together.  I was a floating sub all day at the school and it was a long and tiring day!  But it did pass quickly and before long it was time for us to head home for the day.  After taking some time to recover from my day, I got everyone thru homework and got dinner together.  After dinner, I headed to the church to teach Zumba Toning.  While I struggled thru the class since I was really worn out, we still had a great time together.  When I got home, we got the boys thru their night routine and in bed for the night.  Then Adrian and I finished up a few things and watched the Cowboys game.  Unfortunately they didn't play well and were not able to pull out the win.  I did not make it to the end of the game, I was exhausted & knew I had a long day ahead of me tomorrow too.

No comments:

Post a Comment