Monday, December 30, 2019

Keeping up with...Family (Weekly Wrap 12/13 - 12/19)

Friday (12/13) We got up and moving on time today, but it was tough for most of us.  Adrian helped me get AJ ready and on the bus and then he headed out to work for the day.  I got Daniel ready and dropped him off at school and came home to again find a sick Zak on the couch.  I really thought we could go to school today, but he still doesn't feel well and actually got sick while I was trying to decide what to do.  So another day off for him and me!  Rocky is loving this week, she's had someone home with her everyday!

Zak again spent the day laying on the couch and watching video games.  He did eat a little more today so I think he is finally recovering.  I'm thankful we have the weekend ahead of us and not much going on for him so he can be ready to go next week for sure.  I spent the day getting stuff done and while I hate calling out of work, I was able to get a ton of stuff done around the house and feel very in control heading into the last week before winter break.  The day passed quickly and before I knew it, it was time to get the boys off the bus.
The boys got settled after school and then played video games for a while.  When Adrian got home from work, we all had dinner together and then cleaned up a little.  Then we had family movie night and watched "Elf" for our annual Christmas viewing.  We were supposed to go to church to watch it there but since Zak has been sick we decided to keep our germs home and watch it here.  After we laughed thru the movie, we got the boys down to bed for the night and then figured out our plan for a busy weekend.  Then we loaded up my car with some of our gifts so I'm ready to wrap them tomorrow.  We watched a few comedies and then headed to bed because even though we've had some days off, we are exhausted after this week.

Saturday (12/14) We slept in a little this morning and then got up and moving.  I headed to the church for my Zumba class where we had an awesome time dancing to Zumba shuffle and celebrating one of the student's birthdays.  After some treats, I cleaned up the room and headed out to the church to volunteer to help wrap gifts.  Fortunately for me when I got there, they didn't have any gifts to wrap so they wrapped everything I had brought with me.  I felt incredibly blessed by this because we are normally stressed out trying to get wrapping done at the last minute and now we are nearly done over a week early!!  So very thankful for my church family.
While I was there, Adrian also came to the church for Zak's Crossover basketball evaluations.  Zak did great and had fun playing basketball and is excited for Adrian to be his coach.  They also finished up their Christmas shopping for me and Rocky while I was out all morning.  We all came home around lunch time and had a quick lunch together before I headed out again to another Zumba jam.  I had an awesome time dancing for three hours with some of my Zumba besties and learning from an amazing jammer.  I loved all 5 songs that we learned & only hope I can remember them in the New Year to bring to my students.
While I was at the jam, Adrian did some work around the house and took care of the boys.  Daniel had a birthday party in the afternoon so his friend picked him up and they went to see the new "Jumani" movie for the party.  Daniel had a great time and said the movie was really funny!  When we all got home we had dinner together before Adrian and I headed out for a short date night at a Christmas party with some friends from church.  We enjoyed delicious food, great conversation and lots of laughs at the party and came home with some yummy treats.  After the party, we were pretty wiped out so we just watched TV, got the boys down for the night and headed to bed soon after them.  It was a pretty great Saturday from start to finish and I'm thankful for all I got to do today!!
Sunday (12/15) We all got to sleep in this morning, yay!  Adrian got up and moving a little earlier than the rest of us and he headed to first service at church.  The rest of us overslept for that service so we decided to take the week off.  I got up and got a few things done then go ready to head to my second jam of the weekend.  This one was a Toning jam with the same trainer as yesterday and once again I loved everything.  I really need new Toning songs since I'm teaching that class twice each week and this jam did not disappoint.  I can't wait to add all of these new songs in the new year!
While I was at the jam, Adrian helped the boys finish up their homework for the weekend and got a bunch of stuff done around the house.  He also grilled steak for us for dinner that was ready when I got home.  We watched the Cowboys game together, although I lost interest since it was a blow out win for them.  I'm hoping they are getting hot now and can make it far in the playoffs!  We finished up some other stuff around the house while we were watching and then called the boys down for their night routine.  We watched the new "How to Train Your Dragon" special as a family then got the boys to bed for their last week of school before break.  Adrian watched the OSU basketball game while I got a few more things done around the house.  Then we both headed to bed since once again we were exhausted from a long but fun weekend!

Monday (12/16) We thought we were back to our regular schedule today but AJ woke up not feeling well so he had to stay home from school.  Since I was subbing all day, Adrian worked from home for the day to stay home with him.  I got Daniel up and ready and dropped him off at school and then came home to get Zak and myself ready.  We headed into school together for the day.  I had a rough day with a tough class and was thankful when it was over and could head home.

Unfortunately my day didn't improve from there.  I came home to see that my refridgerator had died and we needed to move everything to the other fridge and freezers.  We knew it was going, we were just hoping it would hold on a little longer.  So after moving everything around, Adrian and I did some shopping and picked one we really liked online.  I made us all dinner and after we ate, Adrian headed to Lowe's to buy the fridge and I headed to the church to teach my Zumba class.  We had an awesome time doing Zumba shuffle and got a great workout.  When I got home, we got the boys thru their night routine and then down to bed.  We finished up some cleaning around the house and then watched two comedies before heading to bed too.  This week is not off to a great start!

Tuesday (12/17) We again thought we were back to our regular schedule today.  We got AJ up and ready and on the bus and then Adrian headed to work.  Daniel woke up with crusty eyes and after washing them out we thought they were just his allergies so he headed to school.  I dropped him and Zak off at school and then since I was only subbing in the afternoon, I got started working around the house on the very long to do list that I have.  After a few hours I got a call from Daniel's school saying his eyes got worse and I needed to come pick him up.  So I went to pick him up and we headed to the pediatrician for the dreaded pink eye diagnosis.  We are really not having a great run of luck this month!!

After seeing the doctor, we dropped his prescription off and came home so Daniel could rest.  I picked up AJ and Zak from school and we all finished our homework for the night.  Then I got everyone thru dinner and headed out to our last Cub Scout pack meeting of the year with Zak.  We did awards for the Scouts, crossover for the Arrows and then had a giant snowball fight with socks.  It was a super fun night for Zak and I!  While I was there, Adrian was running all over town trying to figure out how to fill Daniel's prescription because multiple pharmacies were out.  He finally got it filled and got home around the same time as Zak and I.  We got the boy thru their night routine and down for the night.  Then Adrian and I did a little straightening up around the house, watched two comedies and headed to bed for the night.  We know Daniel isn't going to school tomorrow, praying that everyone else is though!
Wednesday (12/18) Another day off our schedule today since Daniel was planning to stay home with pink eye.  Adrian, AJ and I got up early and started getting ready.  Adrian helped me get AJ ready and on the bus and then he headed to work for the day.  I started working around the house early this morning since I was home for the day.  Unfortunately when I went to wake up Zak for his day, his eyes were also crusted over so I started him on drops and called him out of school for the day.  We can not catch a break this week!  I stayed home with Daniel and Zak and also waited for the new refridgerator delivery.  In between taking care of the boys and waiting for the delivery, I ran out to the grocery store and was able to finish up most of my shopping for the holidays next week.

The fridge was delivered this afternoon and it is beautiful!!  While the timing is not ideal, I'm so thankful to have this new fridge, we have needed a new one for a while but have just been putting it off.  After it cooled off, I spent almost an hour reorganizing the fridges and freezers and am so excited with how nice they look.  AJ came home from school and thankfully told me that he doesn't have any homework tonight, yay!  Daniel finished up his ELA project this afternoon since it's due tomorrow and thankfully he thought to bring everything home to finish it up.
After homework and a short video game break, we had dinner together and then Adrian headed out to his Crossover basketball coaches meeting.  He is excited to coach Zak's team again this season and will be coaching with one of our family's friends so that should make it a great season for both of them.  When he got home, we got the boys thru their night routine and down for the night.  Unless something else crazy happens, we will all be heading back to school and work tomorrow.  Adrian and I came down and were cleaning up and making some Christmas cookies when I got a phone call from my mom telling me my Uncle Tony passed away today.  I am so heartbroken to hear this, it was tragic and unexpected.  We are waiting to hear about funeral arrangements and then making a plan to get out to NJ sooner than planned.  We finished up what we were working on, watched some of the "Survivor" finale and then headed to bed.  Seriously, what a week this has been!

Thursday (12/19) After a horrible night of sleep and wishing that the phone call I got last night was a dream (it wasn't), we got up and moving for the day.  Thankfully everyone was healthy enough to go where they were supposed to go.  Adrian helped me get AJ up and on the bus and then headed to work for the day.  I got Daniel ready for school and dropped him off for the day then came home and got Zak and myself ready for the day.  We went in together because I was subbing in a kindergarten class all day.  I had a pretty good day, although those kids wear me out sometimes!  The day passed quickly and it was a good distraction from what is going on in my personal life.

After we all got home from school for the day, I started making dinner and also making plans for us to head to NJ for the weekend.  We decided we would all drive on Saturday, go to the services on Sunday and Monday and then head back home Monday after the funeral.  It will be a quick, hard trip for us, but it's what we need to do for ourselves and the family.  After dinner, I headed out to the church to teach my last class of the year at the church.  It was hard to put on a happy face and dance, but thankfully my students are amazing and we had so much fun doing a Zumba shuffle playlist.  After class, I came home and made sure we had everything set up to leave on Saturday, after we all worked all day Friday.  I also got all of the boys' teacher gifts together and packed up everything they need for their class parties.  Then Adrian and I watched the end of the "Survivor" finale and headed to bed.  It's going to be a long couple of days for us!

No comments:

Post a Comment