March was another weird month for me between Daniel getting strep throat and my grandfather passing away. We had a lot of changes to our normal schedule and I didn't quite get to everything I wanted to do this month. I did pretty good with my family goals, but my fitness goals suffered (more on that later this week). The one major change for us was that our spring break plans totally changed. My parents were supposed to be here and we were going to do a stay-cation type of week. Instead we did an emergency trip to NJ for the funeral and it wasn't the most fun week for us. But it was great to be with family for those days and I am grateful we were able to be there together.
1. Finish "Love the One You're With" and read at least 50% of another book (1.5 books toward 14 for the year) - I read exactly 50% of "Love the One You're With" and then it was due back to the library and I'm still on the waiting list for it. I got a copy of "The Westing Game" which is a book AJ read and his teacher suggested I might like it. I was able to finish that book this month so I've finished 5 towards my 14 for the year.
2. Have family dinner every Sunday night and use AJ's conversation
starters during in (4 dinners for the month) - We had 4 family dinners this month. One week, we described something we saw outside & AJ had to guess what we were describing. We also talked about something we learned this weekend and something that is making us sad. The fourth week was my birthday and Daniel was sick so we didn't use a conversation starter but still had dinner and talked about what we would do for my birthday.
3. Continue doing my week in review blog (4 posts for the month) - 4 recaps done this month
4. Continue taking one picture each day and posting on Facebook (31 pictures for the month) - 31 pictures taken for the month. I did fall behind on posting while we were in NJ last week, but I posted them all last night and got all caught up for the month.
Watch a movie every Friday night (5 movies for the month) - We watched 5 movies this month: Kung Fu Panda 3, Capt America - Winter Soldier, Trolls, Deadpool and Moana. I'm loving this goal and am hoping to keep watching one movie each week all year.
6. Have one family board game night (1 special night for the month) - We played my new board game a bunch of times on my birthday. We also played a lot of board games in NJ. I'm calling this a win.
Enjoy our spring break week with my parents here - As I mentioned, this didn't happen. But I think we made the best of a bad situation while in NJ for my grandfather's funeral. We even managed to sneak away to the beach for a day all together - so fun!
Here are my specific family goals for April:
1. Finish "Love the One You're With" and "Hungry Heart" (2 of my 14 books for the year)
2. Have family dinner every
Sunday night and use AJ's conversation
starters during in (4 dinners for the month)
3. Continue doing my week in review blog (4 posts for the month)
Continue taking one picture each day and posting on Facebook (30
pictures for the month)
Watch a movie every Friday night (4 movies for the month)
6. Have one family
board game night (1 special night for the month)
7. Have one family video game night (1 special night for the month)
Enjoy Easter weekend with my brother, sister in-law and nieces here visiting