Family Goals Recap, March was a weird month for me and my family. There was a lot of stress, sadness and changed plans. There was also a lot of sleepless nights. I didn't exercise as much as I had planned because there were days when I just physically couldn't do it. I did pretty good with my family goals and great with my goals for my classes. But my own exercise and weight loss suffered this month for sure.
I'm struggling a lot this year with motivating to exercise when I'm not teaching. And my eating is still less healthy than I would like it to be. I teach Mon-Fri and do pretty good on those days. Then Sat and Sun I don't exercise and I eat horribly and I undo all of my work from the previous week. It's not a pretty cycle. I really want to get a handle on it. My plan for April is to do the best I can for the next week or so (until after Easter) and then that Monday get a handle on my eating. I'm going to set a goal for Memorial Day weekend, the start of the summer & the end of my boys' school year. I'm not sure what that goal will be yet, come back next month to find out.
Here's how I did with my March goals:
1. Lose 2 lbs/week (8 pounds lost for the month) - I actually ended the month by gaining 5 pounds. That goal was a big giant fail.
2. Lose 1 inch for the month (1 inch lost for the month) - I didn't even both measuring this month. I know I didn't lose any inches, probably gained some. I will keep this as a goal for this month for sure.
3. Exercise a minimum of 30 minutes every day this month - I ended up exercising 26 of the 31 days in March. Not horrible considering I was out of town for the funeral for 3 of the days that I missed.
4. Go to one class that I'm not teaching each week (4 classes for the month) - I went to one 1 dance fitness class, that's all. I did end up subbing a Zumba class that I was planning on being a student in when the teacher had an emergency. So I'll count that as 2 for the month.
5. Learn 3 new Zumba songs to add to my classes (3 songs for the month)
- Done! I learned Guarachar, Shape of You & Hey Mickey for my Zumba classes.
6. Switch up two circuits for my barre connect class for the month
& add band work to class (2 new circuits) - Done! I actually love the class right now, I won't be changing it up for a few weeks now. It took all month of testing and tweaking it but now it's a pretty good class!
7. Split up my Silver Sneakers exercises to teach 2 different classes
each week - Done! I teach 4 times per week so I have 2 classes - one for Mon/Tues and the other for Weds/Thurs. It's nice for myself and my students to have the different exercises.
1. Lose the 5 lbs I gained in March (5 lbs for the month)
2. Do measurements at the end of the month & lose 1 inch total from my body (1 inch for 2 months)
3. Exercise a minimum of 30 minutes 27 days this month - I've already missed 2 days due to travel and I don't want to have to exercise on Easter. If I exercise every other day that would be 27 (27 days for the month)
4. Go to one class that I'm not teaching each week (4 classes for the month) - I'm keeping this goal on the list until I achieve it!
5. Learn 3 new Zumba songs to add to my classes (3 songs for the month) - I need to keep the classes fresh!
6. Figure out which Zumba jams and/or events I will be doing in the next few months. There are a bunch and I need to figure out what I'm doing. I need a baseball schedule for Daniel before I can commit to anything.
I think that is a pretty fair list for me to try to achieve this month. I'm a little late figuring this out so I have 6 less days to work towards these goals, but I still think I'll be able to do it. Come back next month to find out how I did!