Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Keeping Up With...Workouts (Plans for the next 6 weeks)

I came back from our latest vacation (which I will recap soon, I promise!) and I was very motivated to get back to working out and eating right.  Then I had to get thru the vacation hangover that I always suffer from.  I gave myself until Monday to do what I could, when I could, then get back to serious working out and eating right.  Then I looked at the calendar, it's retreat weekend this weekend, which means I'll be out of town for 3 days and eating all the things.

Yes, I realize that's a lot of excuses, but it is my life right now.  I've always said that I don't want my whole life to be diet and exercise.  I want to still do things and not be stressed out about eating right, or worse missing out on some yummy foods that I would really enjoy.

But I am putting my foot down on Monday morning.  We have nothing on the calendar that should derail me.  I mean yes, we have birthdays and dinner our and Halloween soon.  But I can eat right, exercise and still indulge in some of the goodies.  All in moderation.

I decided to spend this week checking out some new classes, feeling some things out, and getting back to working out but not really focus on my eating.  I also really looked at the calendar to decide what I could and should do for exercise.  I am blessed with not one but two free gym memberships at the gyms where I teach (soon to be 3).  They all have a lot of classes and I used to put them all on my calendar, then delete most of them each week because it was overwhelming.  Now I sat down with both schedules and figured out which classes would really benefit me the most.

You'll notice that there isn't much Zumba that I'm not teaching.  While I think it's important to take classes with other instructors, since I'm teaching so many classes, it's not beneficial to me to have that much cardio.  I really need some strength training and some cardio other than Zumba.

So here is my plan for the next six weeks or so.  The YMCA changes it's schedule at the end of Oct so I'll reevaluate my schedule then.

Mondays - 90 minutes of Simply Strength class at the YMCA (am), teach 2 Zumba classes (pm)
Tuesdays - PiYo at the YMCA (am or pm if I miss in the am), possibly take a Zumba class at either the YMCA or AussieFit if I feel I need more cardio
Wednesdays - alternate between Cardio Blast at the YMCA and Total Body Conditioning at AussieFit depending on what I feel my body needs
Thursdays - soccer class with Zak (am), teach 2 Zumba classes (pm)
Fridays - teach 1 Zumba class (am), elliptical or bike around class
Saturdays - alternate between Muscle Conditioning and spinning at the YMCA, possibly do a Zumba class there as well
Sundays - rest day, practice my new Zumba songs

I also plan to walk to and from school to do pick ups and drop offs as often as possible.  If I do it all 3 times, I walk 2.5 miles each day.  And I plan to take the boys swimming at the YMCA indoor pool once each week.  Finally, I plan to use the free month of boot camp I won starting in Oct.  That will be 5:30am classes four times each week.  I will adjust this schedule as needed when I start that.  I'll also be giving you my thoughts on these classes over the next few weeks.

And finally, I'm supposed to be starting at a new gym in the next few weeks.  I'm hoping to add 2 classes to my schedule, preferably on Tuesday and either Wednesday or Saturday.  Of course that will change a few things as well.  And I will check out their schedule to see if anything there fits better into my schedule and with my goals.  I'd love to take a piloxing or kick boxing class if anyone offered one that fit in my schedule.

I don't have a number in mind I'd like to see on the scale, but I do know that I want to drop some weight and some inches.  And I want to build my strength.  My goal will be to exercise 6 times each week and be under my calorie goal 6 times each week.  Sundays will be hard as I rarely eat under my goal without exercise.  I will eat what I normally eat on Sundays and not stress about the number of calories.

OK, so now it's all out there.  Let's see if I can make this happen!!

No comments:

Post a Comment