Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Keeping Up With...Workouts (Finding a Groove)

Last week I shared my plans for the next six weeks to really push to lose some weight.  And then I put the pedal to the medal and tried to get the exercise part started last week before taking control of the food on Monday.  I did pretty good, considering I was out of town from Fri afternoon until Sun afternoon.  And I really think I'm finding my groove with working out.  Most mornings I will drop the big boys off to school, then head to the gym with Zak.  I'll work out for 60-90 minutes, then head back to pick up Daniel.  We will walk as often as possible to and from school.  I also have my DVDs so if I miss a day at the gym, I will be using those.

I did weigh in finally on Monday morning so I would a starting point.  222!  That's a 7 pound gain since before I left for Disney.  And 15 lbs since last Octobter!  It's really absurd!  I'm so angry with myself.  I definitely have been relying too much on exercise and haven't been watching what I eat.  I do know that some of it is muscle because I have actually gone down clothes sizes since then, but still there comes a point where you have to be concerned about the scale number too.

But there's nothing I can do about the way the past year went.  I'm starting over now.  I'm eating right and exercising.  And drinking lots of water infused with Slim and Sassy essential oils.  My goal is to lose 2 lbs per week until Halloween, then probably level off to 1 lb per week.  I'm going to plan to be under my calorie goal 6 days each week, but if I can make the 7th day happen too then I will.

I'm trying new classes and really trying to work on strength training.  I want to lose weight and build muscle at the same time.  My goal is at least 2 strength classes each week, 1 PiYo/yoga and then 5-6 cardio classes (including my Zumba classes).
Loving this class!!

I'm focused and I'm ready to go!  Here is what I did the past week (well, 10 days since I started last Monday):
Monday, 9/15 - 60 minutes of Simple Strength Class (core & arms), taught a 45 minute Zumba class, taught a 60 minute Zumba class, walked up to school twice
Tuesday, 9/16 - Took a 60 minute PiYo class and sat in the sauna for 10 minutes (heaven!), walked up to school twice
Wednesday, 9/17 - Walked up to school 3 times
Thursday, 9/18 - 30 minute soccer class with Zak, walked up to school twice, taught a 60 minute Zumba class
Friday, 9/19 - Taught a 60 minute Zumba class, walked to school once
Saturday, 9/20 & Sunday, 9/21 - NOTHING!!  Retreat weekend  :)
Monday, 9/22 - Taught a 45 minute Zumba class, taught a 60 minute Zumba class, walked to school twice
Tuesday, 9/23 - Took a 60 minute PiYo class, biked for 15 minutes, walked to school twice

All in all a pretty good week, and hopefully what a typical week will look like for me, minus the retreat days.  My plan is still to take Sunday as a rest day, but I may meet a friend to walk some Sundays.  And they will also be used to practice new Zumba songs.  So I guess that's not really a rest day.

No comments:

Post a Comment