1. Do 13 races in 2013 - I didn't do any races in July and finished one in August, Scioto Miles Summer 10 Miler, bringing my total for the year to 10. I also did the Lady Tutu 5K, but since I was injured and not really "racing" I didn't count that one. I have 4 races coming up in September, so I will meet this goal this month. I'm on a great pace for this goal, wondering if I may get 20 in for the year?
2. Exercise 5 days/week - I was all over the place with this for July and August. I did what I could when I could. I've been doing a lot of exercising since mid-August and I know I will kill this goal for September.
3. Do monthly challenges - I didn't do anything in July or August. I started Insanity in July, but then the opportunity to teach Zumba came up so I dropped everything else to focus on that. But for September I'm already signed up for 3 challenges: one on Challenge Loop to move my body everyday, one on Facebook to burn 500 calories everyday and one on a blog to get back to basics. I'm excited to get back to the monthly challenges!
Weight Loss Goals
1. Stay under my calorie goal for the day for 13 out of 14 days - This has been a pretty big fail for the past 2 months. Most of the days I didn't even track, although the days that I did I was under my goal. I would say I tracked about 1/3 of the days during July and August. But I recommitted to this on Aug 26 and hope to track every day in Sept except for the 3 days I will be away at a retreat.
2. Lose 1-2 lbs/week - This hasn't happened. I actually changed this to stay the same for the summer. I weighed in at the end of May at 218 and on August 21 I weighed that as well. Since I didn't track 3 of the next 7 days, I stayed on 218 on the 28th. I will be exercising & tracking every day in Sept, so I'm hoping to see the scale go down.
3. Get under 200 lbs by
1. Declutter this house - In July and August I was pretty much just in survival mode to keep up with the normal housework, dishes & laundry since we had family visiting for 3 weeks. I have shelved this project for now because I've taken on 2 other big roles, Zumba instructor & Box Tops Chairperson for AJ's school's PTO. I've committed to working on Zumba 30 minutes a day, 4 days per week and Box Tops 15 minutes per day 5 days per week starting in Sept. This will not leave time for decluttering. I did declutter a ton of paperwork and other stuff form our loft. And we reorganzied & downsized the play room. So things are getting done, just not as much as I would like.
2. Read at least 12 books this year - I finished 1 book in either July or August: "Sparkly Green Earrings: Catching the Light at Every Turn" by Melanie Shankle. This book was really good! It was a humorous look at motherhood from a Christian perspective. This brings my total to 11 for the year. I'm almost finished with "Same Kind of Different as Me" so that will fulfill this challenge. I wont' stop reading, will see how many more I can finish.
3. Take one picture each day - This has been a super fun challenge so far! Not like I needed to take more pictures, but it is a really cool way to chronicle the year. You can check out the pictures on Facebook. Still going strong with this one, haven't missed a day yet, although some days are harder than others.
5. More consistent blogging - I blogged a bunch at the start of July and again at the end of August, with nothing in between. I'm trying to get everything blogged from the summer and then I'll try to even out my blogging. Hope you're all enjoying keeping up with us!