Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Zumba, Zumba, Zumba

I missed my weekly update last week, mostly because I didn't have much out of the ordinary to report & also because we've just been super busy.  I'm loving summer!!!

This week there is big news...I have officially signed up for training to become certified as a Zumba instructor.  I take the one day Zumba training on July 27, then CPR training on Aug 8 and then I will be teaching at my gym, KeepFit 10.  I'm SO excited!!  I have been back & forth about doing this for a while & I finally decided to take the plunge.

I want to become an instructor because I truly love everything about Zumba classes: the music, the choreography, the fun, the calorie burn, the other ladies (and few gentlemen) that are in the classes, the instructors, etc.  And since I have been telling my current instructors that I'm doing this, they have all been SO supportive.  I love their passion for the company & the classes & I can't wait to officially be part of it!  I also think I can continue to inspire people to lose weight and get fit.  I feel I'm a perfect example of anyone can do this.  Finally since I'm taking 5-6 classes a week & there are some openings coming up soon at my gym, I figure I might as well get paid (and a free gym membership) to do 1-2 more.

Most of my workouts for the next few weeks will be only Zumba.  I'm trying to take as many classes as I can to get some practice as well as practicing my play list at home.  The plan is for me to go on the sub list for August & then when the new schedule comes out in Sept I'll have 1-2 classes of my own.  I'll be sure to keep you all updated on my progress and when my classes are if you ever want to check it out.



Other than Zumba my workouts will probably be walks since I have a ton of races coming up in the next few months.  In August I have a 10 miler to kick off the month, then I end the month with the Lady Tutu 5K.  I'm an ambassador for the Tutu race & have a team of women walking or running with me.  Check it out & join team Jonesen' Ladies!  Wow, I'm gonna be busy!!

Here is the rundown of the last 2 weeks:
Thursday 7/4 - 2 Insanity workouts
Friday 7/5 - 60 minute Zumba class & 20 minutes on bike
Saturday 7/6 - Insanity workout
Sunday 7/7 - 4 mile walk, Insanity workout (I finished week 1 of Insanity & was really enjoying it.  Then I feel a few days behind & this Zumba training came up so it has been tabled for now.  I will do the 60 day program one of these days!)
Monday 7/8 - rest day
Tuesday 7/9 - 60 minute Zumba class, 15 minutes on bike
Wednesday 7/10 - 60 minute Zumba class

Thursday 7/11 - 30 minute Zumba class, 15 minutes on elliptical, 30 minutes on bike
Friday 7/12 - 60 minute Zumba class (including teaching my first song ever!!)
Saturday 7/13 - rest day
Sunday 7/14 - 15 minutes on elliptical, 30 minutes on bike
Monday 7/15 - 60 minute Zumba class, 10 minutes on bike
Tuesday 7/16 - 60 minute Zumba class, 10 minutes on bike
Wednesday 7/17 - 60 minute Zumba class

No comments:

Post a Comment