Thursday, July 4, 2013

Happy People Don't Kill People

Those are immortal words uttered by Elle Woods in "Legally Blonde."  This is basically her defense for why a fitness guru couldn't kill someone.  I've said before I believed that & we had more proof of that this past week.

As I shared last week, I hurt my back early last week bending over.  I didn't exercise all week.  I felt I could maybe do it on Weds, but Adrian strongly suggested I wait since he was super busy at work & I had to be OK to take care of the boys.  So I waited.  And like any normal food addict person would do, I ate horribly.  And then I felt bad.  And angry.  And my patience was short.  It wasn't pretty.  By Friday night, Adrian was begging me to get back to the gym.

I think for me I'm happier when I'm working out for two reasons.  First is the science thing, endorphins are released & you are happier.  Yeah, I don't really understand it all, but it's something like that.  Seriously, flip on TBS & catch Legally Blonde this weekend & watch Elle explain it. 

But second for me is the social aspect of the gym.  I LOVE my Aspen friends!!  I love the girls that take classes with me, the moms who see me in childcare, the guys who use the weights but say hi to me every day (because they see me every day), the staff who just wave me in now (because my card is never accessible), and the list goes on.  I almost feel like they are extended family.  They notice when I miss a day & call me on it.  Thanks to all of you!!  You all inspire me & make me feel better about myself every day!!

I went to the gym on Sat, then lazed around on Sun & have hit it full force this week.  I'm happy to be back!!  I'm being very cautious & stretching my back more because I don't want any other injuries.  This week has been great.  I'm even concurring my sucky at home work out record...I started Insanity & am keeping up so far (3 days in, whatever, it counts).  Of course, I now have a friend in MD doing it virtually with me, so I guess there is still that social aspect.  :)

Here are my workouts this week:
Thursday,  6/27 - rest day (injured)
Friday,  6/28 - rest day (injured)
Saturday, 6/29 - 30 minutes on bike, 20 minutes on treadmill
Sunday, 6/30 - rest day
Monday, 7/1 - 30 minutes on bike, 15 minutes on elliptical, Insanity Fit Test
Tuesday, 7/2 -  20 minutes on bike,50 minutes of Zumba, Insanity Day 2
Wednesday, 7/3 - 4.5 miles of walking at zoo, 60 minutes of Zumba

No comments:

Post a Comment