Monday, July 8, 2013

Zak - 17 months

Zak continues to be a perfect combination of adorable & ornery...must be in the genes.  :)  He has had a much better month that last month & has started sleeping thru the night most nights.  He has started having some separation anxiety but I know that's an age thing.  It's rough on me that he freaks out every time I leave, but I'm trying to take it as a compliment.

Zak has started talking & expressing himself a lot more in the past month or two.  He says a few words like "Mom" "Dad" "NO!" "More"  The past few days he has started saying "Aw, Man!" like Swiper from Dora says.  We always joke that he is Swiper because he tries to steal the other boys' snacks & drinks & toys.  He also screams when we are not doing what he wants.  I love when the kids become more verbal so I can know what they want & don't want.

His other big milestone this week was mastering the stairs.  He can walk up & down pretty much on his own now.  We are only using the gates to keep him on the floor we want him on now.  I will be very happy to see the gates go soon!!

Zak is loving summer!  He loves having his big brothers around to play with all the time.  And he would be outside 24/7 if I let him.  He loves the swings, slides, pools, playing soccer & tee ball & riding around in the big red car.

Having fun in the pool!
Setting up for a home run!

Just hanging around...what don't you always sit on a cooler??

No comments:

Post a Comment