Sunday, July 7, 2013

AJ the Book Snob

I had a very proud Mommy moment recently...AJ is turning into a book snob!!  As most of you know, I'm a bit of a book snob myself.  I always like the book better than the movie & can be a little nit picky about the details.  Some Most people don't enjoy seeing movies with me if I've read the book.  This is why I haven't seen Les Miserables the movie.  I love the play & can't imagine the movie measures up.  But I digress.

About a month ago Adrian started reading AJ & Daniel "Harry Potter & the Sorcerer's Stone" at bed time.  I was upset at first because I really wanted to share my love of Harry Potter with the boys, but since I was working a lot at the time, I settled for discussing the book with them instead.  When they finished the book we were going to have a special movie night to watch the movie.

They finished the book over Father's Day weekend so that Sunday the 4 of us sat down while Zak was sleeping to watch the movie.  It was a fun time, although Daniel lost interest & went upstairs to watch Batman instead.  When the movie was over, AJ started complaining about all the differences from the book to the movie.  He was complaining that they changed things & left things out.  I was SO excited!!

The next morning when he got up, he was still complaining about the movie being different.  Then he asked to watch "Wizard of Oz."  After watching that, he started pointing out all the differences between that movie & the book that they finished a few months ago.  Again I was SO proud & excited!

Two other quick updates on AJ for this month that has nothing to do with his snobbery...he had his 6 year check up with his doctor the other day.  He is doing fantastic & Dr Dan said everything looks great.  He is 47 inches which puts him in the 85% and he weighs 57 1/2 pounds which is the 90%.  He also finished up his first tee ball season this past Saturday.  He improved so much in the past 5 months & really enjoyed playing.  He's not sure if he wants to play again next year, but I think he will.  Now a few weeks off then on to football!!
All ready for his last tee ball game!

No comments:

Post a Comment