Tuesday, July 24, 2012

1/2 Marathon Training - Week 6 & 7

So I have been really emotional recently about this whole weight loss, marathon training, etc.  I planned to write a blog last week & just couldn't bring myself to sit down & do it.  Numerous things are causing the emotions, and I won't go into them here, other than to say that weight loss is just an emotional journey.  I realized that if I keep going the way I'm going I will weigh less when we got to Disney World this Labor Day weekend than I did when I went on my honeymoon 6 years & 3 kids ago.  That is obviously a big milestone goal for me.  I slacked a little on my eating this weekend (OK, a lot) but other than that I have had a great 2 weeks.

I also had my first "race" for the season this past weekend.  I did The Color Run 5K in downtown Columbus with a team of 5 other women (about like 20,000 other people).  It. Was. Awesome!  I had so much fun!  I don't really consider it a race, more of a walk a K, get doused with color, stop for picture, laugh, repeat x5.  But it was a great first race to get my feet wet.  The 3.1 miles flew (I actually clocked the course at 3.5) & I wasn't even tired when we were done.  I feel great about where I am, on track for the marathon & all the other races I have coming up.  Next up I'm doing another 5K this weekend which will be more for speed, then a 1/4 marathon at the end of Aug.

Here's how I did the past 2 weeks:

Mon 7/9 - 2.0 miles on the treadmill, 15 minutes on stationary bike
Tues 7/10 - 2.0 miles on the treadmill, Dance Jam class, 2.0 miles around campus after work
Weds 7/11 - Zumba class
Thurs 7/12 - 15 minutes on stationary bike, Dance Jam class
Fri 7/13 - 2.0 miles on the treadmill, 20 minutes on stationary bike
Sat 7/14 - 5.74 miles on Blendon Woods trails (more hiking than walking)
Sun 7/15 - rest day

Mon 7/16 - 2.0 miles on the treadmill, 10 minutes on stationary bike
Tues 7/17 - 15 minutes on stationary bike, 1/2 of Dance Jam class (had to leave to pick up boys)
Weds 7/18 - 15 minutes on stationary bike, Zumba class, 20 minute WiiFit workout
Thurs 7/19 - Dance Jam class
Fri 7/20 - rest day
Sat 7/21 - 3.5 miles at The Color Run, 2.5 miles downtown
Sun 7/22 - 2 miles downtown pushing the boys at the Jazz & Rib Fest

 After The Color Run

No comments:

Post a Comment