- Very nice course through Columbus. I had never done a lot of this route
- 9:00 start time, got to sleep in
- Pancakes & sausage at the finish line - yum!
- Nice race shirt that I got to pick up wash & wear for the race
- Quick & easy packet pick up
- Start/finish line at COSI which meant free parking & flushing toilets (yay for no porta potties!)
- PR with a finish time of 1:37:01 & an average pace of 14:47, my fastest ever!! This would have been a PR race anyway since it's my first 10K. But since we walked off the course at the end (see below) I actually got a distance of 6.55 on Runkeeper which would crush my PR from Cap City of 1:44:32
- I got to see my awesome friends & walk the whole race with Amy again :)
|Joni, Dana, Amy & I at the start line|
- The race started at 9:00am in June...it was VERY hot!
- The course wasn't well marked. There were a few times we were hoping to be on the right path & near the finish we actually walked almost .2 of a mile out of the way (up a hill) because we picked the wrong path. Thankfully someone stopped us & directed us to the finish line.
- There were a lot of hills on this course. Thankfully we just kept chanting WWJD & made it gracefully up them all
- I accepted a work assignment for that afternoon (thinking the race started at 8:00). It went almost an hour longer than scheduled. I was tired & hurting when all was said & done. Not the races fault, just didn't make for a great Sun for me.
So other than a few tweaks, this was a really great race. I had fun & am really proud of how I'm getting quicker. Next race on the schedule is the ColorPalooza with AJ on June 22nd. He's SO excited!!
As for the rest of the week, it was a pretty good one. I lost 3 lbs bringing my total to 5 for the month (goal is 11 in June). I worked out 6 days & took Monday as a rest day. I'm on track with my calories burned for the month. Here's the rundown for the last week:
Thursday, 6/6 - 50 minutes of Zumba, 20 minutes on bike - 1,003
Friday, 6/7 - 25 minutes of Zumba, 20 minutes on bike - 587
Saturday, 6/8 - 35 minutes of Zumba, 25 minutes on bike - 730
Sunday, 6/9 - 10K race - 792
Monday, 6/10 - rest day
Tuesday, 6/11 - 60 minutes of Zumba - 862
Wednesday, 6/12 - 45 minutes of Aqua Zumba, 1.5 hours of strawberry picking with the kids - 863
Total calories burned so far in June - 6,675 (goal is 15,000)