Sunday, April 18, 2021

Keeping Up With...Food (Meal Plan 4/18 - 4/24)

We had another great week of following our meal plan, even if we did juggle a few days last week. We made all of the meals, and most of them were really good. The Italian Nachos were a swing and a miss, but at least we used up some of our banana peppers, ha! I was hoping we liked them so we could have it a few times and finish the peppers, but I guess it's back to salads and sandwiches with them. I continue to be in love with my new air fryer, especially since it cooks so well. This week I used it to cook both salmon and potatoes at the same time, one thing on each level. It was a big expense, but I'm so glad we did it! Here are some of the picture highlights of the past week:

Last week was super busy and thankfully this week is a little lighter. We also have a Scout camping trip this weekend so on Friday, Adrian, AJ and Zak will leave for most of the weekend. Not sure if Daniel and I will go out for dinner on Saturday, or just eat what we have here. I'm making fairly simple meals again this week since I'm exhausted most nights after the long school days. We are making a good dent in our frozen breakfasts and lunches as well, we got rid of two bags this week which is awesome. I'll continue to focus on planning meals around those items until they are gone. I'm still trying to not grocery shop either, this week there is nothing on my list so we'll just eat what we have. It should be a pretty great week food wise!

Here's what we're eating this week:
Sunday - Grilled Steak and Butternut Squash Risotto
Monday - Tik Tok Pasta with shrimp added for the adults
Tuesday - Burgers and/or hot dogs with cheese fries (for the holiday)
Wednesday - Leftovers or freezer meals
Thursday - Tacos for the boys and frozen burrito casserole for the adults
Friday - Quinoa Chicken Chili
Saturday - Camping for some, leftovers or out for the others

Water Flavor - Orange again. I forgot to add mint to my list last week like I said I would so it's straight orange again. I just added it to the list for next time (probably next week) so hopefully I'll spice it up a bit then. We haven't been getting oranges, only apples, so I'm hoping once this group is gone, I'll be able to pick different things again.

Baking - Once again, I'm going to take this week off from baking. We finished a whole bag of breakfasts last week by doing this and I'm hoping to get thru another one this week. We also have a ton of cereal in the garage so I had that one day this past week and may try to do that from time to time as well. It is banana day on Wednesday and I considered making banana bread, but the kids don't like that so I decided to make it easy on myself and just have bananas with dinner that night.

No comments:

Post a Comment