Monday, April 19, 2021

Keeping Up With...2021 Goals (Weekly Recap 4/12 - 4/18)

We had another super busy week around here, and I loved every minute of it! The boys had school all week which included their first round of AIR testing. While I don't think the tests are necessary, I'm thankful my boys are all good test takers and don't freak out about the tests. We tried to keep bedtime as early as possible all week so everyone was well rested. AJ and Zak also had Scouts this week and both had a lot of fun at their meetings. AJ did some compass and navigation work and Zak worked on his forensics belt loop which included identifying different kitchen staples. Both boys had a great time and are looking forward to their upcoming camping trip together!
Rocky and I also had a very busy week. Since Adrian got his second COVID vaccine on Tuesday, he asked me to take off Tues & Weds from subbing in case he wasn't feeling well. Thankfully, he was fine and was able to work both days. But since I was already off, I got together with a few friends this week. On Tuesday, Rocky and I went to my friend's house to have a play date with their silver lab, Zoey. They had a blast running around the yard and playing in the water. On Wednesday, I met a friend from the Y and we walked at Pine Quarry Park, it was so good to catch up and get some fresh air! Also on Wednesday, Rocky went to daycare and enjoyed playing at Dogwarts all day. She was sorted into Ravenclaw for her house and enjoyed some yummy Harry Potter themed treats. Finally, on Friday I met another friend for lunch at Easton where we enjoyed yummy food and great conversation.
This weekend was super busy as well and unfortunately didn't feel like much of a weekend, at least for me. Friday night we had the boys' friends over for their Dungeons & Dragons game. They were all a little off, but they made it work and had fun. They finished a little before the parents came to pick them up, so they burned off some energy out back in the trampoline. Saturday Zak had one of his last weeks of bowling and after a rough start beat his average for the second two games. I worked all afternoon at the church and was able to drop off the rest of our donations towards the annual rummage sale. We finished the weekend with our normal work day on Sunday, which included Adrian using his brad new lawn mower to mow the backyard (we're still paying our neighbor to do our front yard). Adrian is going to teach the boys how to mow this summer in the back yard and then hopefully they can take over the front yard next summer. We also got lots of sleep Saturday and Sunday morning which we all needed after a busy week!

Here's how I did on my goals this week, once again, they were all pretty good.

Working on Myself:

  • Lose 50 20 pounds by exercising 5 days each week and walking at least 400 miles this year -  I walked about 33 miles this week for a total of 194 miles so far this year. I have continued to get at least 10,000 steps each day according to my FitBit. I've taken Rocky on lots of extra walks this week and subbing also helps boost my weekly miles. I only lost 0.2 pounds this week for a total of 4.7 pounds so far this year. I was disappointed to not see a bigger number, but I'll keep focused this week and hopefully see some movement on Saturday.
  • Read 15 20 books for fun - I read about 25% of "Gilead" this week. It is really good, but I probably won't get to finish it before it's due back. I'll take a break for a bit and bounce back to it in a few weeks.
  • Write Scripture(s) every day this year - I have done this all 108 days so far this year. I'm really enjoying this practice so far this year. For April I picked a plan focused on patience which is always something I struggle with.
  • Attend 12 6 Zumba jam sessions to improve my teaching skills - I am registered for my second jam  of the year next weekend!
Working on Family:
  • Play all 152 of our board games together (either just Adrian and I or as a family) - We only played 2 games this weekend for a total of 61 games so far this year. We played Flip Ships with Daniel and Zak, and played Forgotten Waters as a couple. I don't really like either game, but Flip Ships is always funny with the boys. It was a slower weekend of games since we were really busy, and this may be the norm for the next few weeks. You can follow along on my thoughts on each game on this webpage.
  • Do 10 home improvement/reorganization projects - We took the weekend off from these since we have finished 4 projects already this year.
  • Pay off all of our outstanding credit card debit and don't incur any additional debt - We paid off our final credit card this month!! So far this goal is met, we just need to get thru the next 8 months without incurring any new debt. We're saving for our vacation now and then will take the large payment we were paying on our credit card and put it towards our car payments to get them paid off early too (our goal for next year!)
  • Watch 50 movies together and continue watching TV series together - We watched one movie this week "Might Ducks 3." It was cute, better than the second one. I'm hoping we'll be able to watch the TV series soon now. This brings our total for the year so far to 16 movies. We also kept up with Falcon and the Winter Soldier, started the new Wipeout and made some progress on Green Eggs and Ham and The Hollow. 
  • Celebrate a holiday every day this year - This week we celebrated National Grilled Cheese Day, Thomas Jefferson Day, National Dolphin Day, McDonald's Day, National Mushroom Day, National Cheese Ball Day and National Animal Cracker Day. Below are a few picture highlights of our holidays. I'm also chronicling them on Facebook so if we aren't friends there, feel free to add me or follow along at #CelebrateEveryDay

No comments:

Post a Comment