Sunday, April 11, 2021

Keeping Up With...Food (Meal Plan 4/11 - 4/17)

We did pretty well getting back on track with our healthy eating last week, although it was pretty easy since I didn't work much last week. We made everything that was on our meal plan, the only thing that was different is we needed to cancel our plans with my brother on Saturday so we had some leftovers and air fried wings for dinner that night. This week looks to be busier since I'm already booked to work a few days, Adrian gets his 2nd COVID vaccine and we have something going on just about every night this week. We are committed to eating well though so hopefully we'll stick with that at least 6 days each week. Here are a few of our picture highlights from this past week:

This week we are again doing a lot of easy meals and trying to use what we have. I have some produce from Costco that we'll be using this week as well as continuing to use up the meals in the freezer from the school. I'm trying not to go to the grocery store much at all for the next few months. I can't wait for our CSA to start in about a month, that will really help with the grocery trips because most of what I need is produce. I really need them to go with the school lunches that are in the freezer since the servings are small, we need to bulk them up with veggies to make a full meal. They also help for healthy snacks!

Here's what we're eating this week:
Sunday - Cheese Fondue and Spinach Salads
Monday - Broccoli Cheddar Soup with deer sausage and Grilled Cheese
Tuesday - Tacos for the boys and Frozen Fiestadas for the adults with a big salad
Wednesday - Air Fried Salmon with Cauliflower and Zuchini
Thursday - McDonalds for the boys and Leftovers for the adults
Friday - Garlic Soy Pork with rice and mushrooms
Saturday - Italian Nachos for the adults and either Nachos or Leftovers for the kids

Water Flavor - Orange again. I am still working thru all of the oranges from the school lunches over the past few months. We're still getting lunches, but not nearly as many and we didn't get oranges the past 3 weeks so I'm starting to catch up some. I may get some mint the next time I get groceries just to spice it up a little bit.

Baking - I'm not actually planning any baking this week right now, but that may change. We do have a lot of frozen breakfasts from the school so we'll probably try to focus on eating those this week and then maybe I'll bake something for next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment