Friday, April 16, 2021

Keeping Up With...2021 Goals (Weekly Recap 4/5 - 4/11)

This week was fairly calm which was exactly what we needed after the past two weeks of excitement. We got back on our regular schedule with everyone in school and working. It was an exhausting week as well, these days are very long! I'm thankful we only have to do this for seven more weeks, although I'm not sure next year will be any better. We were supposed to go to my brother's house this weekend but a few of us are coughing and sneezing so we cancelled. It's probably just allergies, but we figured better safe than sorry. We spent most of the weekend relaxing, catching up on stuff around the house and playing board games. I am thankful for a week to catch my breath!

Here's how I did on my goals this week, they were all pretty good.

Working on Myself:

  • Lose 50 20 pounds by exercising 5 days each week and walking at least 400 miles this year -  I walked about 25 miles this week for a total of 161 miles so far this year. I decided to get a Fitbit to track my steps and see if that helps keep me moving and losing weight. I started wearing it on Wednesday and so far I've gotten at least 10,000 steps each day. I've taken Rocky on extra walks this week and subbing also helps boost my weekly miles. I also lost 1.5 pounds this week for a total of 4.5 pounds so far this year.
  • Read 15 20 books for fun - I finished "The Lies that Bind" by Emily Giffin this week and it was great! I really enjoyed it, she's one of my favorite authors. I've read 8 books so far this year, and have my ninth one "Gilead" ready to go.
  • Write Scripture(s) every day this year - I have done this all 101 days so far this year. I'm really enjoying this practice so far this year. For April I picked a plan focused on patience which is always something I struggle with.
  • Attend 12 6 Zumba jam sessions to improve my teaching skills - I am registered for my second jam  of the year later this month.
Working on Family:
  • Play all 152 of our board games together (either just Adrian and I or as a family) - We played 3 games this weekend for a total of 59 games so far this year. We played Fury of Dracula with AJ, and played Funkoverses: Golden Girls and Gizmos as a couple. We also played a game we borrowed from CABS, Century Spice Road which we really liked. It was a slower weekend of games since Fury of Dracula took us over 3 hours to play. You can follow along on my thoughts on each game on this webpage.
  • Do 10 home improvement/reorganization projects - We made more progress here this week!! We finished organizing our garage and have completed 4 projects for this year. We got rid of a ton more stuff and really like how the garage looks now. We can fit a car in there easily, but probably won't until the weather gets colder again. Here are the before and after pictures:
  • Pay off all of our outstanding credit card debit and don't incur any additional debt - We paid off our final credit card this month!! So far this goal is met, we just need to get thru the next 8 months without incurring any new debt. We're saving for our vacation now and then will take the large payment we were paying on our credit card and put it towards our car payments to get them paid off early too (our goal for next year!)
  • Watch 50 movies together and continue watching TV series together - We watched one movie this week "Might Ducks 2." It was cute and we're excited for the third one now. Glad the boys enjoyed this series! This brings our total for the year so far to 15 movies. We also kept up with Falcon and the Winter Soldier, started the new Wipeout and finished this season of Who Wants to be a Millionaire.
  • Celebrate a holiday every day this year - This week we celebrated 8 holidays again since we celebrated two on Saturday. We celebrated National Sweet Potato Day, National Twinkie Day, National Beer Day, National Empanada Day, National Unicorn Day, National Siblings Day, National Hug Your Dog Day and National Cheese Fondue Day. Below are a few picture highlights of our holidays. I'm also chronicling them on Facebook so if we aren't friends there, feel free to add me or follow along at #CelebrateEveryDay

No comments:

Post a Comment