Friday, January 1, 2021

Keeping up with...Family (Weekly Wrap 12/28 - 12/31)

Monday (12/28) After an amazing long weekend, we are back to our weekday schedule, sort of. The boys still have another week of winter break, but Adrian has to work three days this week. He and I got up and moving a little early so that he could get started at work in our bedroom. I started working around the house including having the boys help me put away some of the Christmas presents and try on all of their new clothes. Now I have a giant pile of laundry of the things we're keeping and a giant pile of returns! Hopefully I'll be able to figure out all of the returns and go on Monday to get everything sorted out.

The day passed quickly with Adrian and I working and the boys playing video games. Around 3:00, Zak, Daniel and I packed up and headed out to the zoo to meet Carl, Sarah and the kids for some fun at Wild Lights. We had a great time seeing some animals before the sun went down and then checking out the lights after it got dark. It looked beautiful as always and I'm so glad we met up with them to walk around for a bit. It was a little cold, but we survived! We walked around for about 3 hours and then split up and headed home, with me and the boys stopping at McDonald's for a quick to go dinner.

When we got home, Adrian was still working. The boys helped me unload the car and then they had some video game time while I took care of Rocky and finished a few things downstairs. I also enjoyed relaxing and watching the "Real Housewives of Potomac" reunion, they are always my favorite part of those shows! After we got the boys to bed, Adrian came downstairs to work for a while and we watched part of the Broadway special that was on a few weeks ago. It was OK, but I really just miss live theater. I was exhausted after our fun time at the zoo so I headed to bed fairly early, while Adrian was still working. It was another great day of break!

Tuesday (12/29) Most of us slept in again today, except for Adrian. Since he was working downstairs when I went to bed, he slept a few hours down there and then woke up and started working again while the rest of us slept in upstairs. When the boys and I finally got up and moving, Adrian headed up to our room to work and the boys headed upstairs to play video games. I got a very slow start, but eventually started working around the house and made some huge progress on things around the house. The day passed quickly and we were all very productive. Adrian's co-workers insisted he finish up early tonight so around 5:30 he finished up, we all ate quickly and then we finally headed out to see the Wonder Lights display at the National Trails Racetrack.

I drove us to the track just in case work needed Adrian he could help from his phone. We waited in line for about 45 minutes when we got there and then spent at least 45 minutes driving slowly thru the light show. They adjusted it from last year and it was even better than before, which we didn't think was possible! The music was great and all of the lights synced to it were amazing. It was a fun time with lots of singing, laughing and chatting as a family. When we got home, the boys wanted just a little more video game time and Adrian needed to work for about an hour so they headed upstairs and I cleaned up the kitchen with Rocky. After we put the boys to bed, we watched an episode of "Card Sharks" from our DVR and then also headed to bed. This break has been amazing!!

Wednesday (12/30) We slept in again today, enjoying every day of this break! Adrian got up and moving and dropped Rocky off at daycare for the day. Then he stopped at Starbucks to pick up coffees for us this morning on his way home. When I got up, he headed upstairs to work for the day in our room. I worked around the house all day and got a ton of stuff done, almost feel like I will have everything done by the end of the weekend and ready to start the new year off with a clean slate. The day passed quickly with the boys playing and the adults working. We had leftovers for dinner after I went to pick up an exhausted Rocky from daycare. After dinner, I headed out to the church to work for an hour and had fun chatting with some friends there. When I got home, Adrian finished up working and we played one of our new games Parks, which I won and thought was OK but a little slow. Then we watched two episodes of "Big Sky" before getting the boys to bed and following soon after them.

Thursday (12/31) We slept in again on the last day of this weird year. Adrian unfortunately got called in to work this morning so he did that while I got the boys breakfast and started on their day. We have very little on the agenda for the next 5 days before we got back to our school routine and we're planning to enjoy every minute of it. They headed upstairs to play video games and I got a few things done around the house while I waited for Adrian to finish working. He ended up working a full day which kinda stinks for our plans, but the overtime will be good. When he finally finished up, we took Rocky for a walk, made some appetizers for dinner and then played Camel Up with the boys. It's a super fun game, we all had a great time and laughed a lot. Zak and I tied for the win!

When the game was over, the boys wanted to play the video game "Among Us" together. So the 5 of us played a bunch of games in a private server so we could all play together and no one else would join us. We had fun playing, it's a crazy game! Adrian and I were the imposter most of the time which was making the boys frustrated because they wanted to be it. After we played a bunch, we split up and the boys headed back upstairs to play video games and Adrian and I played Quacks of Quedlinburg together while sipping on margaritas. That game was super fun, we both really enjoyed it! We tied in points and then I won on the tie breaker. At midnight, we all watched the ball drop and Adrian and I toasted with moonshine in hopes it will bring us good luck this year. We let the boys stay up until almost 1:00 while we laughed with Andy Cohen and Anderson Cooper on their NYE show. Soon after 1:00 we all headed to bed ready to start the new year off together!

No comments:

Post a Comment