Wednesday, January 27, 2021

Keeping Up With...2021 Goals (Weekly Recap 1/18 - 1/24)

Last week went by super quick and our weekend was weird so I'm pretty far behind on my normal weekly things, like writing this recap. It was a mostly good week, with a holiday to start the week so we all enjoyed an extra day off. The week flew by and the boys did great in school as they kicked off their third quarter of classes. AJ and Daniel started new electives, Career Connections for AJ and Gym for Daniel. We also had a 50 degree day so I forced everyone to go outside to play for a bit before video games. Our plans changed all weekend when Adrian had a funeral and memorial service for a friend from school come up which clearly trumped all of our existing plans. While for a sad occasion, he was happy to see some of his old friends.

I did pretty good staying focused on my goals this week and continue to be either on track or ahead for all of the goals. While my exercise goal is taking a hit because of my still unresolved low iron issues, some of the other goals are being helped by the extra time. I've already finished 3 books (and I'm starting my 4th), I've kept up on daily chores around the house and we are way ahead on our board game goal. And I'm continuing to lose weight which is just reinforcing how important diet is and not just exercise. I'm hoping to have the food part of the equation really under control during this and then slowly add in more exercise.

Here's how I did on my goals this week.

 Working on Myself:

  • Lose 50 pounds by exercising 5 days each week and walking at least 400 miles this year - I lost another 2.6 pounds this week for 8.6 pounds total this year. I walked 7.5 miles this week for a total of 27.7 miles so far this year. Even though I'm not moving a lot, I'm slightly ahead of pace for this goal for the year.
  • Read 15 books for fun - I finished my 3rd book of the year this week "Fun Home" by Alison Bechdel. It was a graphic novel and was just OK in my opinion. This is book 18 on the list of 50 books I'm trying to read before I turn 50 in only 5 years!
  • Write Scripture(s) every day this year - I have done this all 24 days so far this year. I'm really enjoying this practice so far this year.
  • Attend 12 Zumba jam sessions to improve my teaching skills - I attended my first jam session of the year on Sunday and it was awesome! It was a Reggaeton jam with Ria & Rony and all 4 songs were so much fun! I learned a lot from both of them as I always do and can't wait to bring 3 of the 4 songs to my classes (I have choreo to the 4th song already). I also danced just a little with them, doing each song twice which felt awesome!! 
Working on Family:
  • Play all 152 of our board games together (either just Adrian and I or as a family) - We played 3  games this week for a total of 19 games so far this year. We played Boom Bang Gold with Zak, Catan with AJ & Daniel and Carcassonne. We also played 2 other games this weekend, our newest game Obsession which we loved and Targi which is going back to CABS library next weekend so we wanted to play one more time. You can follow along on my thoughts on each game on this webpage
  • Do 10 home improvement/reorganization projects - We decided to organize the garage this month so we can get the van in it. Adrian worked on organizing a bunch of his tools and stuff in the garage this weekend while I was in my Zumba jam. We should be able to finish this project off next weekend. And we are thrilled the van already fits inside, there has been so much ice recently!
  • Pay off all of our outstanding credit card debit and don't incur any additional debt - We paid off our Best Buy credit card this month which included the boys' new XBox and their laptops from this summer. Next up we hope to pay off the couches.
  • Watch 50 movies together and continue watching TV series together - We spent the week watching TV shows we want to catch up on. We finished season 2 of "The Mandalorian" this week, it was SO good!! Fantastic end to a great season! We also started working on a few "Who Wants to be a Millionaire?" episodes that we have on our DVR. We'll be back to movies next week.
  • Celebrate a holiday every day this year - This past week we celebrated Martin Luther King Day, National Popcorn Day, Inauguration Day, National Granola Bar Day, National Blondie Day, National Handwriting Day and National Peanut Butter Day. Below are a few picture highlights of our holidays. I'm also chronicling them on Facebook so if we aren't friends there, feel free to add me or follow along at #CelebrateEveryDay

No comments:

Post a Comment