Saturday, January 2, 2021

Keeping Up With...2021 Goals

As the year changes, I am looking forward to a reset after a really weird 2020. All things considered, my family and I made the best of last year even though we were forced to cancel a lot and change plans often. One of the big things I learned last year is that I am just doing too much. I had 27 goals last year, and all of them required a lot of time each month. I was blogging every day and a lot of what I was writing was repetitive. I was working a lot and not always enjoying what I was doing, especially when I was teaching 10ish exercise classes every week. I noticed this back in February, then everything shut down in March and I thought I missed everything. I spent about 6 months in limbo and then in the past 6 weeks or so I've really focused in on what I want to accomplish in the next year and where I want to put my efforts.

The big things this year will be getting back to an exercise routine for myself which will include not teaching as many classes as I have been. I will start the year only teaching 2 classes each week, and may stay there all year. The other big goal we have is to play thru all of our board games and decide which ones we want to keep and which ones we want to swap out for new ones. I'm thankful last year forced us to stay home more and I started playing board games with Adrian. We really like playing them and it has been great for our relationship. One of the big changes I will be making is how I blog. I will still blog weekly, but it will be updating these goals. I will still do the meal plan most weeks and will have special blogs when we do something fun and out of the ordinary, hopefully lots of that this summer!

Here are the goals that I have chosen to focus on this year. We have talked as a family and we have all agreed to work on these together and help each other out along the way as best we can.

Working on Myself:

  • Lose 50 pounds by exercising 5 days each week and walking at least 400 miles this year
  • Read 15 books for fun
  • Write Scripture(s) every day this year
  • Attend 12 Zumba jam sessions to improve my teaching skills
Working on Family:
  • Play all 152 of our board games together (either just Adrian and I or as a family)
  • Do 10 home improvement/reorganization projects
  • Pay off all of our outstanding credit card debit and don't incur any additional debt
  • Watch 50 movies together and continue watching TV series together
  • Celebrate a holiday every day this year
I'm hoping having this paired down list and really focusing on these things will help us have a successful year. There are a few other general/large goals for this year including the boys successful finishing their school year either all virtually or hybrid. We are also planning at least one vacation this summer, probably a road trip somewhere. And Adrian and I would really like to get away for our anniversary this year since it is our 15th and the cruise we had planned to do has been cancelled. I may also do a girls trip this summer and Adrian may go to one or two board game conventions. But a lot of that travel depends on what is going on in the world with COVID as it comes up so we're not making them a priority right now.

I hope you will join me in this adventure and set some of your own goals for the year as well. Or just follow along with mine and keep me accountable. I wish you all happiness and health in this new year and that we can get back to some sort of normal living sooner rather than later.

No comments:

Post a Comment