Tuesday, January 12, 2021

Keeping Up With...2021 Goals (Weekly Recap 1/1 - 1/10)

Well here we are about 10 days into the new year and it has already taken a few interesting turns. This recap is slightly more days than I will write about in the future. I'm planning to do Monday thru Sunday each week but since the new year started in the middle of the week, I just did the first 10 days in this one. It's been an interesting mix of days to start the year. The boys didn't start school until this past Tuesday so they enjoyed the end of their winter break. Adrian worked a ton of hours last week, but thankfully got to enjoy some time off for the holiday last weekend and got this whole weekend off. We eased into our schedule with about half of our commitments this past week and will add a few more next week.

I started this week all motivated to work out and eat right to lose weight this year. I was feeling pretty tired though and my muscles were hurting more than I was used to. Then on Thursday I felt really bad, dizzy and nearly passed out during my Zumba class. I talked to my doctor on Friday and we think it's low iron and maybe a few other things. We'll be doing some tests next week and hopefully get a plan in place so I feel better. But for now I am restricted on my exercise and am supposed to focus on resting, drinking a lot of water and eating iron rich foods. That put a bit of a cramp in my plans for the weekend, but we made the best of it.

Each week I will talk about each of my goals for the year and how I'm doing with them. I will also included a section at the end if we do anything fun or out of the ordinary that week. This week we didn't really do anything exciting, just getting back to our routine and trying to help me feel better. Here's how I did on my goals this week. 

Working on Myself:

  • Lose 50 pounds by exercising 5 days each week and walking at least 400 miles this year - I lost 5 pounds this past week despite not working out as much as I would have liked. I worked out 3 days last week and walked every day except Sunday for a total of 13 miles in the 10 days. This week I'm trying to still walk 1 mile each day and focus on controlling my eating to hopefully still see some weight loss.
  • Read 15 books for fun - I finished my first book this week when I finished "How to Seize a Dragon's Jewel." I had started it at the end of last year and was nearly done going in to this week so it was easy to finish. I also started my second book "Orphan Train."
  • Write Scripture(s) every day this year - I have done this all 10 days so far this year. I'm really enjoying this practice so far this year.
  • Attend 12 Zumba jam sessions to improve my teaching skills - I am signed up for a session in January and think I have figured out my February session. I am waiting to sign up for that one just in case I'm not able to teach still by February.
Working on Family:
  • Play all 152 of our board games together (either just Adrian and I or as a family) - We have played 8 games so far over the past two weekends. We played 7 Wonders, Avalon and Apples to Apples with the boys. Then Adrian and I played Age of Steam, Azul, Agricola, Arkham Horror and Awkward Guests. You can follow along on my thoughts on each game on this webpage
  • Do 10 home improvement/reorganization projects - We decided to organize the garage this month so we can get the van in it. We started this weekend by pulling down and storing all of our Christmas decorations.
  • Pay off all of our outstanding credit card debit and don't incur any additional debt - We paid off our Best Buy credit card this month which included the boys' new XBox and their laptops from this summer. Next up we hope to pay off the couches.
  • Watch 50 movies together and continue watching TV series together - We spent the week watching TV shows we want to catch up on. We're watching the current season of both "Cobra Kai" and "Mandalorian." Plus we're watching some "Wipeout" and finishing "The Great Christmas Light Fight."
  • Celebrate a holiday every day this year - This past week we celebrated New Years Day, Cream Puff Day, Drink with a Straw Day, Spaghetti Day, Whipped Cream Day, Bean Day, International Programmers Day, Toffee Day, Apricot Day and Sunday Super Day. Below are a few picture highlights of our holidays. I'm also chronicling them on Facebook so if we aren't friends there, feel free to add me or follow along at #CelebrateEveryDay

No comments:

Post a Comment